The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Technologist - Berkeley, CA
Job Number: 4647
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie’s, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Located in Berkeley, CA, Annie’s, Inc. (a division of General Mills) is a rapidly growing natural and organic food company with a widely recognized brand, offering consumers great-tasting products in large packaged food categories. We sell premium products made from high-quality ingredients at affordable prices. Our products appeal to health-conscious consumers who seek to avoid artificial flavors, synthetic colors and preservatives that are used in many conventional packaged foods. Our loyal and growing consumer following has enabled us to migrate from our natural and organic roots to a brand sold across the mainstream grocery, mass merchandiser and natural retailer channels. Today, we offer over 145 products and are present in over 35,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada.
We are mission-driven and committed to operating in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner, with an open and honest corporate culture. Our company mission is to cultivate a healthier, happier world by spreading goodness through nourishing foods, honest words and conduct that is considerate and forever kind to the planet. We are focused on building a successful and growing business in pursuit of our mission. We strive to be a responsible company that evaluates our success not only through financial measures, but also through our social and environmental impacts.
The Food Technologist will be responsible for performing product tastings, shelf life and sensory evaluation, test kitchen organization, bench-level product development, and assist the product development teams with the needed systems and documentation.
· Plan, organize, and execute sensory evaluation testing of new and current products. Tabulate and analyze sensory results. Report findings and conclusions based on the results.
· Conduct product tastings of competitive, bench, and trial products. Document and interpret results and collaborate on experiment conclusions.
· Catalog, store, track and perform shelf life studies on new products and renovated products. Keep retain shelves stocked and orderly.
· Maintain the overall cleanliness of the test kitchen and product development areas.
· Perform bench-level product development work.
· Assist product development team to gather, track, and develop ingredient specifications, formulas, and finished product specifications. Proof packaging and other documentation for accuracy.
· Four year degree is required in Food Science or equivalent
· Emphasis in organic and natural products is preferred
· Strong project, organizational, and time management skills are a must.
· Good laboratory/ kitchen experience and the ability to work with little supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· May require occasional business travel
Position Location: Berkeley, CA
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org