JOB TITLE: Microbiologist 2 -† USA
KEY FUNCTIONS: Laboratory Analysis, Section Leader, Special Projects
SUPERVISOR: Lab Supervisor
10. Bachelors of Science in Microbiology, Biology or related science. 5 years of successful
analytical laboratory experience.
11. Proficient in math, general laboratory techniques and computer skills. Understand
Statistics, accurate data entry and legible handwriting. Good listening and English
12. Proficient with instrumentation PCR and genetic techniques and practices. Proficient
and knowledgeable in classical and current microbial techniques.
13. Direct QA/QC for microbiology section, providing guidance on bench QC schedules,
review and authorship of QA manual updates.
14. Review and implementation of new methods as appropriate.
15. Schedule work micro section flow, meeting priorities of holding time, capacity,
capability and quality control. Schedule maintenance of instruments. Able to self
assign and complete all tasks assigned.
16. Ability to handle tight deadlines and maintain composure under stress. Participate and
contribute to the team atmosphere.
17. .Able to knowledgeably and safely handle hazardous chemicals.
18. Maintain current Washington State Drivers license and vehicle insurability.
19. Able to lift 25# safely.
20. Enthusiastically serve customers and represent our laboratory professionally.
10. Complete all Quality Assurance and Good Lab Practice Training before initiation of
analysis. Familiar with APHA Standard Methods and able to learn/perform laboratory
11. Follow Laboratory selected methods and Laboratory SOPís to perform assigned analysis
in the areas of microbiology. Meet criteria for accurate and precise data in an
organized, legible and consistent manner.
12. Meet quality control criteria as established by ISO 10725 and lab management.
13. Meet ethical requirements as established by ISO 17025 and lab management.
14. Apply root cause and corrective action concepts when resolving problems with analysis
or customer complaints.
15. Validate microbiological methods to meet client requirements, as appropriate.
16. Rotate with staff to cover weekend work, as required
17. Late night or weekend rotation (pre-scheduled) when necessary. Pick up and deliver
samples as needed.
18.Wash and sterilize glassware used in microbial testing. Prepare food, water, biosolids
samples for analysis. Prepare media and supplies for analysis.
19. Other duties as assigned.
ADA essential: Requirements: 8-10. Responsibilities: 2, 6-9. Microbiologist 2- ISO 3-1-13
Contact Laura Laurent Mrachek (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com