Shift Manager-14004220 - IN-Indianapolis
Ensure the production plan and all functional operations are fully achieved on time and in full compliance for assigned areas on an off shift in a union or non-union environment. Ensures employee safety, product quality, hygiene, cost, and environmental needs fully meet all legal and other requirements and standards. This is accomplished by managing teams across all areas of plant operations, driving continuous improvement through TPM, empowering people, to motivate and develop their capability. Leadership of people includes communicating the vision & mission to gain the understanding & commitment of the people to achieve the objectives. Development of people through being a team builder with ability to recognize and develop the potential of all the production people. Proactive cooperation with other groups on site and within NUSA to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing what is preached to create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motives associates at all levels. Focusing on results through setting ambitious objectives and taking initiative to find ways to reach and exceed.
1. Ensure that finished products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards (compliant) with quality, safety and good manufacturing practices, on time and meeting consumer expectations. On the off shift this person is the business decision maker for all functional areas to insure alignment with and delivery of business objectives, continued execution of work flows, and resource management.
2. Effectively manage the SHO, ensure exchange of information (cascade Target/escalate issues) for alignment with the objectives in the short term and WOR, MOR for medium and long term to achieve production plan and to identify and achieve performance improvements. Motivate, guide, support and coach the resources to achieve objectives and to act in accordance with NCE guidelines.
3. Elaborate and execute workforce development program that will provide appropriate flexibility of workforce and assets. Focus on material availability, finished goods quality, and on time delivery through optimal resource allocation.
4. Provide timely feedback and coaching to individuals and
team in order to develop them to their full potential and to achieve
objectives in accordance with NCE guidelines. Ensure succession plans and
development - coaching of direct reports (where applicable) including
development of specific training.
7. Ensure the timely launch of new products to the Market as
per agreement with the business unit.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
· Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Business Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/ Supervision) required.
· Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as needed.
Minimum Five (5) years food industry production, purchasing and/or packaging experience with progressive responsibility leading people. Experience in different manufacturing environments. Success leading projects in different departments and functions. Exposure to implementing continuous improvement, employee involvement techniques, and change management. Implementation experience of TPM preferred.
Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. High energy level and excellent follow up skills. Creative problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities. Great people skills, maintaining a positive attitude, and the ability to motivate people are needed.
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org