The comprehensive food
safety information website
Product Research Scientist-BRE02180 - Franklin, TN
Position Title: Product Research Scientist
Function: Research and Development
Location: Franklin, TN
Level of Role
Number of Reports
Purpose of Role
This position is responsible for enabling business initiatives by supporting new product positioning and claim strategies via translation of consumer and marketing insights for R&D. The position will influence business management team initiatives, utilizing consumer insights, R&D technical capabilities and horizon scanning to help identify ideas that will meet consumer needs.
· Utilizes best practices to place and analyze product/consumer research for demonstration of product benefit and deeper consumer understanding
· Identifies key consumer insights/needs to create winning actionable fundamental consumer/technology models.
· Recommends product design and/or project direction based on integrating product & consumer research.
· Drives superior products, packages, and communication by linking business needs, competitive environment and technology capabilities.
· Develops and executes product-driven consumer and technical learning plans that enable an innovation map for brands
· Leads multi-functional teams in the identification and qualifying winning claims and demos, create technical product stories, and consumer/technical Models
· Identifies& champions new ways to enable learning for self and others on team
· Identifies outages in project direction and drives appropriate action.
Critical Mars Leadership Capabilities
· Consumer Insights
· Technical Intelligence/Understanding
· Business Acumen
· Influencing Skills
· Communication Skills
· Dealing with Ambiguity
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· Experience in conducting & analyzing a broad range consumer research (qualitative and quantitative)
· Understanding of pet care category, including technologies and product positioning
· Ability to learn from consumers and translate into actionable technical plans and strategies
· Identify and deliver strong business-building claims and develop impactful demos.
· Possess strong collaboration skills across multiple R&D disciplines (e.g. process/technology/nutrition/regulatory, packaging) and across functions (Marketing, CMK, CBD, MDO)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Comfortable sharing insights & recommendations broadly
· Prefer >2 years work experience in a consumer and technical R&D discipline
· Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree with emphasis in technical field
Decision Making Authority:
· This position is responsible for recommending proposed actions for product positioning based on consumer insight and technology
· This position is responsible for developing claims and demos for various brands
· Incorrect analysis of consumer research can lead to ineffective market propositions and cost the company millions of dollars. This position provides consumer product insights and clearly translates critical success factors to R&D so product performance and consumer expectations are delivered.
Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare US offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars Inc. is a tobacco free workplace.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org