R&D Scientist - Formulation - Omaha, NE
Located in Omaha, Nebraska, Sergeant's Pet Care Products is a Perrigo Company, specializing in animal health care products. Our mission is to improve the lives of pets and their owners.
Perrigo Company plc is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), as well as receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
Develop products, which meet company objectives, expand product lines, and help drive company growth while supporting all technical aspects of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct bench top development of protocepts, prototypes, and new products meeting timelines as established for each product.
2. Carry out multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Coordinate product development activities with copackers.
4. Conduct line trials at copackers in a planned and efficient manner.
5. Partner with marketing to develop specifications for new products and ingredients.
6. Identify and evaluate opportunities to cost reduce products and improve effectiveness.
7. Coordinate analytical testing of products during product development.
8. Maintain organized and concise records of all product development activities.
9. Assist in identifying alternative pathways for meeting management goals and objectives.
10. Provide support and assist in transition of products from product development phase to production.
11. Interface effectively with other supporting personnel / groups to move projects forward and to work through identified issues.
12. Complete other tasks/duties/activities as assigned by supervisor.
· BS or MS in Food Science or Food Technology
· Minimum of two (2) years experience in product development
· Prior experience working in a production environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of food systems and formulating is required.
· Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills required.
· Excellent communication skill, written and verbal, required.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Position Physical Requirements
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org