The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator - Twin Falls, ID
JOB TITLE: Food Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator LOCATION: Twin Falls, Idaho
DEPARTMENT: Food Safety & Quality POSITION TYPE: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Food Safety & Quality Manager LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 1+ years DATE CREATED: July 2016
Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn’t take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls ‘the epiphany,’ he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary and his wife, Kit Crawford, continue to lead Clif Bar’s innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations – Sustaining our People, our Business, our Brands, our Community and the Planet – Clif Bar is a family- and employee- owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
In April 2015 Clif Bar broke ground to build our new commercial bakery, Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls. We believe that happy, healthy people create the best food and envision an innovative environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
· Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
· Sustain our people with competitive pay and benefits, holistic wellness offerings, and other innovative benefits.
· Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar Baking Company is a chance to make the highest quality bars at a different kind of bakery, with great people who are making great food to FEED YOUR ADVENTURE.
This is an exciting new step for Clif Bar. Let it be an exciting new step for you too!
Clif Bar Baking Company is looking for a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Coordinator to join our team at our new bakery in Twin Falls, Idaho.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the “Clif Bar Ingredients” (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself).
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator works within the Food Safety and Quality department to develop and maintain GMP and product data documentation to assure compliance with applicable quality, food safety and regulatory standards at the Twin Falls bakery. Ensures all documentation and product data is current and accessible in all systems; including certificates of analysis, specifications, recipe information, and other food safety documents. Coordinates consumer complaint investigations, data analysis from MES, sanitation trending information, product releases, and ingredient or product deviation requests.
· Ensure personal safety, food safety and quality protocols are followed.
· Works with subject matter experts to create, maintain, approve and revise quality documents and specifications in document management system including standard operating procedures, work instructions, and forms in compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
· Creates and maintains documentation for inclusion into the electronic quality management system.
· Administers and maintains procedures to insure quality and accuracy by preparing and reviewing the materials for completeness and coordinating the review/signoff process to expedite implementation.
· Maintain tracking and status of all documents, including periodic review and revision of documents to meet regulatory requirements. Assist in the tracking of metrics to ensure the process is efficient, effective, and compliant.
· Responsible for coordinating documentation for chemical approval, product non-conformances, ingredient and product deviation requests and product releases.
· Coordinates the consumer complaint process locally.
· Provides data analysis for quality data, sanitation data and supplier data.
· Provides documentation support as requested during internal and external audits.
· Provides training as required for new employees on documentation control process.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
· Takes ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
· Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and consistent follow through.
· Successful experience in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated integrity and a constructive approach to challenges.
Leadership Skills Required
· Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
· Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
· Able to work collaboratively with all teams and departments to continuously improve food safety and quality.
· Ability to prepare reports and correspondence and to perform analytical tasks of test data.
· Ability to assist in project management and to apply principles of logical and/or scientific thinking to the resolution of problems.
Technical Expertise Required
· Working knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and quality systems in a food manufacturing environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
· Experience in writing standard operating procedures, work instructions, and forms for a Safe Quality Foods manufacturing environment.
· Experience in data trend analysis.
· Working knowledge of Organic and FDA regulations is preferred.
· B.A/ B.S. degree in scientific discipline preferred.
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Safe Quality Foods requirements is a plus.
· Excellent written skills required.
· 1+ year experience in food safety or quality assurance in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience in an organic manufacturing or food production environment a plus.
· Less than 5%
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/careers.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com