The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Engineer - CP Kelco - Tulsa, OK
= Food Safety Engineer(s)
· Maintain awareness of the food regulatory environment and emerging microorganisms of concern
· Provides support for areas such as CAPA/Nonconformance Investigations, Customer Complaints and Audits and leads validation of corrective actions that meet CAPA closed-loop regulatory requirements of FDA registered food or pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
· Leads the plant Food Safety Management System in a manner which will ensure compliance with regulatory, quality system and customer requirements. This includes a thorough evaluation of building infrastructure and expansion or upgrading facilities and food contact equipment to assure that quality and food safety are built into all new/upgraded equipment or structures.
· Supports the plant QA manager in continuous improvement activities of the Quality Management System
· Leads facilities with focus on cGMP and adequacy of the areas after the completion of the work and supervision to ensure that all the work was completed, and improvements to meet the GMP guidelines/food safety, commissioning and validation activities and evaluation of HACCP plans/HARPC.
· Leads all product adulteration incident reviews and provides leadership in micro management and sanitation excellence.
knowledge of FSMA Preventive Controls requirement and development of Food
Safety Plans with experience driving corrective actions of food safety issues
· Minimum of 1- 3 years experience in Food Microbiology, Process Development and Quality and Food Safety Management Systems
· Bachelor of Science Degree (i.e. Process Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Safety) required;
· Certified HACCP manager required; Certified in Food Preventive Controls preferred
· Knowledge of food microbiology, good laboratory practice, food safety controls, manufacturing processes, sanitary design, food law, cGMP, auditing, troubleshooting and microbiological test procedures is required.
· Experienced with implementing management systems in the CPG Industry-ISO 9001, 22000, 22002 background with accomplishments in design and implementation
· Experience in QA, Quality and Food Safety Management Systems, New Product Development and Food or Pharmaceutical manufacturing
· Ability to create awareness to Food Safety regulations and execute programs and achieve goals to meet regulatory requirements.
· Experience in root cause analysis and CAPA
· Strong computer skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and flowcharting software
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org