The Vice President of Sales reports to the CEO and is a member of the company’s executive team. He/she is responsible for the direction and management of all sales and business development operations, including marketing and customer service. The VP Sales will develop and implement sales and marketing strategy, monitor and analyze sales and marketing activity against goals, and drive the company’s achievement of its customer acquisition and revenue goals. The VP Sales will manage the department budget and recruit, train, and supervise the professionals on the entire team.
· Oversee operations of the sales and marketing team to include national sales, sponsorship and promotional opportunities, floor plan management, database development, effective forecasting, weekly one/one feedback meetings, and customer dispute resolution. This role is responsible for ensuring the team maintains high standards of responding to customers urgently and empathetically
· Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate sales, marketing and customer services staff
· Establish short- and long-range goals for the various departmental functions being managed
· Monitor and track the weekly success of each business development manager
· Identify and develop new business and revenue opportunities for the company
· Develop training plans and overall department sales plan
· Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results
· Develop and manage department budgets and oversee the commission plan
· Manage major national accounts
· Accompany sales team members on company visits as needed. Attend tradeshows and other industry events to develop new business or customers
· Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors
· Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations
· Other related duties as assigned
· This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
· Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, standard operating procedures and best practices.
· Assists in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or related field; Master’s degree preferred
· 10 years of related sales and marketing experience required
· 5+ years of sales experience required
· 5+ years of Sales Management experience including managing staff, goal setting, sales and forecasting plan writing required; 10+ years preferred
· Experience in food industry preferred
· Must possess knowledge/experience of trade show sales and have a proven ability to show results.
· Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful “branding” efforts.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org