Quality Technician - Bridgetown Natural Foods - Portland, OR
The Quality Technician provides leadership and guidance to the plant in Food Safety, Product Quality, and Good Manufacturing Practices. The Quality Technician is responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
· Pull samples for analysis and retain
· Run sample analysis
· Record results clearly on paper
· Enter product data into a computer
· Take retain samples to the retain room and file away, maintaining organization of retains
· Place finished goods, work-in-progress, and raw materials on hold
· Coordinate sample send-outs to third party laboratories for testing
· Fill Sample Request shipments
· Inform team of low inventory
· Communicate to Hold Distribution list and maintain Hold Log
· Participate in and be responsible for corrective actions resulting from monthly glass, GMP, and environmental monitoring activities
· Maintain calibrated equipment in the lab
· Inform team of inventoried item purchase requests
· Maintain updated Kosher Schedule A for receiving
· Approve COAs for receiving
· Train BNF employees on shift as needed
· Attend shift-change meetings
· Ensure current specifications are available for the lab and the floor
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Effectively communicate (written and orally) in English. Possess interpersonal skills to interface professionally with internal staff and customers in person and over email. Strong ability to address and resolve conflict. Work safely in a production environment. Physically walk / stand on production floor for entire shift and be able to pick up, lift, stack and/or move various objects and containers of up to seventy pounds. Possess a strong attention to detail along with ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures. Ability to work independently and a part of team is essential. Set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and make decisions under pressure. Flexibility and the ability to remain organized, establish a plan and execute on Company priorities is required.
A minimum of two year degree and/or years of relevant experience is required. Basic math functions (adding, subtracting, multiplication and division) and algebra and proportions are required to perform essential job functions. Basic knowledge of operating a computer to use Microsoft Office software applications are required. Must be able to work any assigned shift. The plant operates in accordance with customer demand and weekend and overtime work may be required.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org