The Flavor & Food Application Laboratory Associate Scientist is
responsible for the shared management of the activities of the Flavor &
Food Application Laboratory including but not limited to sample design,
sample preparation, and part-time staff development. Translate panel
instructions from project leads into physical samples. Provide technical
leadership, training, and guidance to a large team of part time Laboratory
• Provide technical leadership for sample preparation for sensory testing
• Manage Operations of sample preparation for sensory testing
• Train and Manage part time laboratory staff
• Provide guidance and give biannual performance appraisals to part time
• Schedule and design daily/weekly workloads
• Design laboratory set ups for projects
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of all samples
• Ensure accurate and timely delivery of all samples to GT site
• Maintain a clean and organized lab that complies with all OSHA and other
• Design and implement project formulations that align with the needs of
• Effectively translate project lead requests to physical samples
accurately and efficiently.
• Manage and improve compound databases and inventories.
• Proactively recommend designs that increase the effectiveness,
productivity and success rate of sample preparation.
• Collaborate with project leaders to ensure project goals and workflows
• Manage multiple project set ups with different project teams and
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in food science, analytical chemistry, or
• Demonstrates outstanding verbal and written communication skills and
• Proficient in MS Programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Strong management skills to train and guide part time laboratory
• Excellent time management skills.
• Must be detail oriented with strong analytical and project management
• Proven success improving team performance through guidance and training