The comprehensive food
safety information website
This position will support sensory and consumer research including the design, test preparation and execution of studies in support of R&D. Specifically, the Scientist will help to determine appropriate research methodologies, coordinate and execute tests, analyze data, interpret results and provide recommendations working collaboratively with senior members of TCR to advance business priorities. This role will also support internal sensory panels including sample preparation, training, and data analysis.
Critical skills include: Demonstrates working knowledge of basic sensory science principles including difference and discrimination methods to evaluate beverage quality as well as factors that contribute to variability in sensory testing effectively utilizes best practices to provide quality data to support short and mid-term research objectives.
Demonstrates working knowledge of fundamental food science; product development and manufacturing experience a plus.
Effective planning and project management skills.
Strong project documentation skills. Good communication skills including ability to write concise, informative reports and ability to communicate technical information to a wide audience. Demonstrates high attention to detail, hands-on mind-set, effective time management, proactive disposition and be a flexible team player.
Proprietary Information: Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to the company and its products.
Sensory Science: Working knowledge of sensory and consumer testing techniques and principles. Database System: Working Knowledge and use of standard sensory and statistical software including Compusense and SPSS/SAS.
Product Development: Working knowledge of the product development process with the ability to contribute knowledge in microbiology, lab-scale sample creation and standard beverage processing conditions. Manufacturing experience is a plus.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or equivalent with either a major in sensory science, behavioral psychology or applied statistics. Advance degree, a plus.
Related Work Experience: Prefer 1-3 years of work experience with BS degree.
No relocation assistance.
1) Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
2) Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals. Drives Execution (Results Leadership).
3) Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
4) Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others. Unleashes Potential (People Leadership)
5) Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
6) Sets a Winning Example: Demonstrate integrity, including placing Company interests ahead of personal agendas. You make sound decisions and ensure follow-through while also showing passion for the Company and its products.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com