The comprehensive food
safety information website
Associate Scientist - Oils & Shortenings, Food Ingredients Segment-PLY00268 - MN-Plymouth
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 143,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Dressings, Sauces & Oils refines vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat for a wide range of food and nonfood manufacturers. We also make shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise, dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry.
The business operates seven oil refineries, five shortening and oil packaging plants, a mayonnaise production facility, a dressings plant and a culinary sauce facility, all of which are located in the United States. We also operate an edible oil refinery in Mexico.
Customers include major food manufacturers and quick-service and casual-dining restaurant chains. Dressings Sauces & Oils is integrated with Cargill's soybean crushing activities, which provide a reliable source of crude soybean oil for further processing.
The Associate Scientist leverages scientific knowledge to support customers in the Oils & Shortenings, Food Ingredients segment. Incumbent is expected to support projects and initiatives in order to deliver value-added technical solutions to customers. This will encompass making lab blends, preparing bench scale and pilot scale samples, designing experiments, running tests, analyzing and reporting out data.
60% Responsible for conducting analytical testing for all Food Ingredients projects using standard and official methods. Leverage appropriate internal and external analytical resources efficiently and effectively to increase project execution.
20% Assist in the planning and execution of experiments, interpretation, archiving and reporting of results.
10% Maintain General Ingredient and Analytical lab inventories (chemicals, ingredients, oil base stocks etc).
10% Ensure corporate EHS and Food Safety compliance.
Relocation assistance will not be provided.
· Four-year undergraduate degree in a related scientific discipline, such as food science, chemistry, food technology
· Understanding of basic food safety requirements
· Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others
· Effective oral, written, presentation and communication skills
· Ability to handle a variety of food products, including raw meats.
· Ability to lift 35 lbs. routinely
· MS degree in a related scientific discipline, such as food science, chemistry, food technology
· 1+ years of Food Industry experience
· Experience in fats and oils
· Laboratory analytical experience
· Customer interfacing experience
· Demonstrates practical business acumen
· Project management experience
· Behaviors consistent with the Cargill Leadership Model
· Experience in the translation of solutions from bench to commercial scale
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com