The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality and Food Safety Analyst - Soledad, CA
The role, reporting to the QA Managers in the Value-Added Plants, works on microbiological and food safety related issues and partners with Production, Sanitation and other management functions on development and implementation of policies & procedures. The position supports FSMA and the food safety plan development and validation for plants and collaborates with others on product and process design to ensure food safety.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS / DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
· Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) including but not limited to documentation, sampling and maintenance of associated software
· Responsible for trending and communication of microbiological testing of in-process and final product materials.
· Conducts trend analysis of pre-operation inspections and regularly communicates to facility management team, Sanitation, Food Safety and Quality Director.
· Participates in activities related to commissioning of equipment.
· Assists in execution of challenge studies and validation studies, including collaboration with external business partners.
· Performs facility and GMP inspections to ensure best practices and sanitary principles are followed.
· Encourages safe working practices.
· Remains abreast of current science, regulatory principles, and emerging issues related to food safety.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
· Working knowledge of food technology, processing and microbiology.
· Strong understanding of GMPs and Federal/State food regulations.
· Strong computer/statistical skills, particularly as related to data collection, manipulation and reporting.
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Ability to communicate and work with diverse workforce, and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
· Must have the ability to make decisions, appear for work on time, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
· Ability to work and adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Ability to travel independently.
· Work experience in team oriented functions as well as individual contribution. Action oriented with good project management skills.
· Work hour requirement: must have flexibility to work a variety of shifts, as needed.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
· 5-7 years experience in related position, preferably in the food industry.
· BS Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or related field preferred.
Soledad 023, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org