The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for direct oversight of
Inspectors and ensuring that company Quality procedures and record-keeping
are carried out accurately and consistently.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Understanding and adherence to all quality systems
2. Oversight of inspection activities
3. Oversight of document control activities
4. Oversight of receiving activities
5. Oversight of costumer complaint and corrective action systems
6. Oversight of Operational Process Control data collection and analysis
7. Oversight of monthly internal-audits
8. Oversight of record keeping
9. Assists in design, deployment, improvement and revision of Conifer
quality systems, documents, records and training
10. Assists in development, maintenance, and adherence to Conifer HACCP 11.
Inspection activities as production schedules require
12. Backup administrator for product recall or withdrawal activities
13. Assists in the development of professional and job skills of QA
14. Occasional shift work
1. Strong organizational skills. Self-directed. Reliable. Responsible.
2. Strong interpersonal skills focused on teamwork; professional demeanor
3. Detail oriented, with a commitment to quality and accuracy
4. Able to neatly and accurately fill out forms and paperwork
5. Office computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Supervises QA Specialists and Sanitation Technicians.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely
uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines. Some work may take place in a warehouse
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb
or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Full Time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the
employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to
4:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree or Five years in Quality Assurance field
2. Five years in Food Manufacturing with extensive knowledge in G.M.P.’s.
3. Lead or supervisory experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Bilingual English/Spanish writing and speaking
2. HACCP training and experience
3. Third party food safety and quality audit experience (SQF, GFSI, etc.)
4. ERP/MRP/Statistical software experience
Consistent with applicable laws, Conifer Specialties, Inc. makes all
decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without
regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, age, marital status, national
origin, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, or any other status or characteristic protected by local,
state, or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are
required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Includes medical, dental, term life and disability insurance, vacation
time, 401K (with company matching), as well as other perks.
- Food Manufacturing: 5 years