Food Scientist - Atlanta, GA
The R&D Scientist will execute business driven R&D projects and provide leadership on new product development activities including technical support to the Supply Chain and Sales & Marketing organizations.
· Execute against key projects/programs as agreed upon with manager based on business needs
· Conceptualize and develop new products for the Bakery Products categories (cakes,cookies,donuts, muffins, etc.)
· Maintain core business through product improvements and procurement and quality initiatives
· Lead and conduct pilot plant and plant trials for new products start ups, product improvements and plant transfers
· Provide technical support and consulting to internal and external customers
· Develop proficiency in SAP and specification systems
· Mentor and coach less experienced R&D personnel
· Follow laboratory policy and best practices
· Under limited supervision, develop new products and/or enhances existing products to meet customers’ needs.
· Conduct basic research for new products and develop best practices for preserving and processing foods.
· Conduct research to discover new food sources, analyze food content and participate in development of ways to assure compliance with FDA/regulations.
· Provide technical leadership for assigned projects.
· Demonstrated expertise in a single product area or category
· Demonstrated technical knowledge in product and process development
· Strong problem solving skills
Education / Skills:
BS degree in Food/Bakery Science or equivalent work experience. Minimum 5-7 years experience in Food/Bakery Science
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com