The comprehensive food
safety information website
Walnut Creek, CA
POSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:
1. This position has four key functions:Apply expert experience and knowledge in consumer food regulations to support DMFI businesses (DM, S&W, College Inn, Contadina, Store Brands, import, and export) to ensure that DMFI product formulas, labels, and consumer communications related to the product, comply with all regulations while aligning with the overall DMFI standards and business strategy.
2. Actively provide regulatory input and leadership throughout the product innovation and renovation process.
3. Development and administer regulatory technical systems supporting DMFI businesses, and be regulatory guardian for all label content, consumer communications, customer promotions, and digital media communications.
· Be the regulatory lead on projects through-out the product development and renovation process, from concept to launch by providing regulatory direction on mandatory labeling elements, claim development & substantiation, for FDA and USDA regulated foods.
· Proactively identify and resolve regulatory hurdles that arise in the product development process and resolve these hurdles early as possible to meet DMFI business objectives.
· Actively apply regulatory expertise to the R&D department, and other cross-functions in DMFI, and as requested, to other DMPI operating companies to meet DMFI strategic objectives; including import and export opportunities.
· Assure regulatory compliance by applying experience and expertise of regulations and DM policies in assuring, 1) formulas, ingredients and any relevant processing procedures comply with regulations; 2) all mandatory and optional label information comply with regulations; and 3) consumer communications, advertising, promotional materials, and electronic communication comply with regulations.
· Actively contribute in the development and maintenance of DMFI systems, policies and tools, and identify and implement process improvements to new or existing DMFI regulatory systems, (i.e. Genesis, SAP, SAP PDM, Label Instruction Document (LID) process, GDSN, claim substantiation management, and label change management).
· Proactively participate in working groups and trade associations to assure early knowledge of relevant regulatory proposed changes to food standards, labeling and nutrition; effectively communicate the potential impact of proposed regulations back to the DMFI business, and provide regulatory strategy recommendations to influence the proposed changes to meet DMFI business needs.
· Prepare and conduct regulatory systems training to R&D teams and other cross-teams as needed.
· Proactively collaborate with the Regulatory Manager to establish, and gain management alignment with, internal policies on regulatory standards and practices.
· Provide technical regulatory responses to inquiries or objections by state or federal officials relating to labeling and/or use of ingredients.
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/) Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org