The comprehensive food
safety information website
Lab Technician III (46481) - Hunt Valley, MD
Req Id 46481 - Posted 08/05/2016 - United States - Maryland - Hunt Valley - Research & Development - Full-Time
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a Lab Technician III for its Technical Innovation Center located in Hunt Valley, MD. With $4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. McCormick’s benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacations.
This Technician will support the Flavor Design and Applications Bakery Team through applying and evaluating flavors in a variety of finished products.
Under the general supervision of the of Bakery Applications Manager, incumbent will be responsible for creating and preparing samples from formulations, setting up flavors and raw materials for screening and evaluation, recording data, managing raw materials, maintaining sanitation and organization of lab, recording pertinent data in DevEX and Excel data files, stocking, ordering and maintaining lab supplies, and ordering raw materials from plant or suppliers.
· Working on flavor applications and prototype development in bakery, cereal, confectionary and pastry products and providing excellent flavor applications support for industrial customers
· Contributing to technically driven business development activities in the Bakery Flavor Applications area
· Executing taste evaluations and collecting test data
· Utilizing understanding of consumer and general sensory testing.
· Supporting Customer visits
· Minimum of 2 years food industry/food service/lab experience and 12 college credits in science fields
· Knowledge of GMP’s.
· Proven success multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to taste diverse foods.
· A passionate interest in food preparation (baking, cooking and other processing).
· Curiosity and innovative thinking.
· Previous compounding and weighing experience required, with proven accuracy and strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work accurately with calculations, such as ratios, decimals, algebra, percentages, etc., as related to flavor formulae in a fast-paced, high volume environment required.
· Good communication skills, including written and verbal, required.
· Proven ability to work within a team environment as well as the ability to work independently required.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills required.
· Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and multiple tasks, with ability to take direction from product developers, scientists, and supervisor is required.
· Must be capable of utilizing all senses required for the evaluation of, i.e. color perception, taste, and smell.
· Physical requirements: Ability to lift 10 pounds continuously, 20 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to work overtime or on short notice in the evenings
· Demonstrated working knowledge of technical software or ability to learn and adapt. Demonstrated data entry and basic PC skills, including Excel and Word required
· Experience with SAP, product formulary and retrieval systems
· Culinary interest and/or related training.
· Organic chemistry knowledge a plus.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com