The comprehensive food
safety information website
Corporate Training Manager or Director -
Food Safety Net Services
FSNS is actively seeking to fill a new full time position within the Technical and Operations team. We are seeking a degreed Microbiologist to fill this position. The position is responsible for development of training programs throughout the company’s microbiology departments and be a critical player in the overall management of the laboratories. Interested parties should have experience in development of training materials and have a passion for teaching and training general microbiology course material as well as methods used in microbiology food safety testing. Another exciting portion of this job will be to support the overall technical team by helping to select appropriate test methods, updating of microbiology methods, assisting in the design of method validation projects and providing technical information to our customers. This position will represent FSNS at industry trade shows and will attend annual meeting and conferences to keep current on Microbiological testing methods and procedures.
· Develop training modules for all methods and processes used by laboratories. Ensures training programs are in compliance with stated company goals and ISO 17025 guidelines.
Ensures the training management software is updated with all
training methods, courses and necessary training materials.
· Assist laboratory technical managers in development on teaching techniques, check sheets or other materials necessary to facilitate training.
· Conducts semiannual audits of each laboratory’s training files and training management system to ensure programs are maintained and in compliance with stated needs and required programs.
· Assist in the startup of new labs by providing direct support for the development of the laboratory’s training system, hiring of personnel and the conduct of new hire training.
Develops quizzes and testing materials to support training
· Maintains a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends.
· Develops the quarterly Master Training program and conducts competency training for lab technical staff (e.g., Technical Managers) to support on-site facility training activities.
· Conduct technical audits of all technical aspects of each laboratory and applied methods, and maintains a performance based scoring system relative to provided expectations.
Continuously reviews and maintains technical aspects of FSNS
documents, including but not limited to Work Instructions, Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs), and Methods in collaboration with the Quality Assurance
· Assist in the development of data to support laboratory method costing models.
This job has supervisory responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· PhD degree in Microbiology preferred, MS in Microbiology is minimal degree to be considered.
ISO / IEC 17025 training and working knowledge strongly
· Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to demonstrate or have prior teaching/training experience.
Food Safety Net Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org