Assurance & Food Safety Manager will be part of the key operating team
based at the Modesto Facility. The position will be responsible and
accountable to develop the Quality Assurance Programs, Provide the day to
day support to the operations team in management of product quality and
ensuring Food Safety across the product portfolio manufactured at the
Modesto plant. The role requires experience in plant Quality Assurance
management with expertise in Quality systems such as BRC/SQF, HACCP,
Technical expertise in the area of physical, Chemical & Microbiological
analysis, lead a team of supervisors and technicians to operate the
laboratories through the year.
- Ensure full compliance of all products from the Modesto
plant with all government food safety regulations, and maintain
highest level of food safety.
- Ensure that facilities are in compliance with all GMP,
HACCP, and GFSI (BRC) guidelines.
- Interact effectively with FDA and other
regulatory personnel, food safety auditors, and customers to maintain
positive & responsive relationships and assure rapid corrective
actions through dynamic leadership and timely documentation.
- Develop, schedule, and direct GMP, Food Safety, and
Quality Management System audits and monitor corrective actions to
deficient findings for completion and effectiveness, providing gap
closure assistance to the manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible and accountable for disposition of product
based on Quality Inspection results and data management of the same in
the SAP system.
- Lead Modesto HACCP and Food Safety team for product
designs, manufacturing processes, Food Safety plans, environmental
microbiological monitoring and control programs, finished product
microbiological testing programs, allergen program, and sanitation
- Validate and assure compliance with established food
safety and quality objectives through daily monitoring programs, team
supervision, and on-going verification of internal and external
laboratory or industry benchmarking.
- Establish new and improved quality/safety programs,
policies and procedures to ensure that established standards of
quality are consistently achieved, measured, documented and
maintained. Provide food safety risk assessment information, new
technology information, and risk management strategies.
- Proactively identify potential and emerging food safety
issues and develop strategies to effectively investigate and respond.
- Conduct training programs for the Quality teams with
emphasis on continuous improvement through identification and analysis
of customer complaints and requirements.
- Support the Central QA and Food Safety team in
undertaking Root Cause & Corrective actions from customer
complaints and implement the corrective actions with the plant
- Host and successfully, complete QA audits from customers
and BRC audit team during the processing season.
- Undertake Supplier Quality Audits and ensure
ingredients and packaging material suppliers are compliant as per the
requirement of the BRC system and Olam QA
- Responsible for maintaining the Organic, Kosher, Halal
certifications for products manufactured by the Modesto plant is as
per the requirement of the customers & central QA team.
- Provide data, resources & participate in continuous
improvement initiatives as applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Masterís or Bachelorís Degree in Food Science or
Microbiology or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in multiple types of food processing,
preferably in processing vegetables
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in Food
chemistry& Microbiology, Food safety, preferably in the vegetable
- Ability to lead and develop a team of supervisors in
both technical capability and effective communication
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with a
demonstrated ability to effectively work with all managerial levels, customers,
regulatory, and other professional contacts
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with and ability
to understand the key requirements in the Quality Systems and
continuous improvement programs
- Strong communication skills and ability to build and
conduct training programs to the Quality & operations team
- Team building/team leadership skills
- Knowledge of GFSI & BRC auditing schemes and
- HACCP certified and experienced
- Formal audit training or equivalent certification or
- SAP ability and fundamental knowledge a plus
Olam Americas, Inc
provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring
without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability or sexual orientation.