The comprehensive food
safety information website
Product Development Scientist - Boston, MA
Location: Boston, MA
Department: Research and Development
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
We are searching for a candidate who is passionate about science, engineering and product development to join us in applying our Synthetic Biology platform, pointed at food industry and beyond! Food should be safe to eat for everyone, and we enable our customers—food manufacturers—to produce safer food for consumers.
Our invention is based on cutting-edge synthetic biology, combined with the latest sensor technology, a cloud-based software monitoring and big-data analytics platform! Where other diagnostics take 24 – 48h, we give you an answer from sample to result in 6 hours – hence Sample6!
To achieve disruption in this market and win, we’ve raised substantial amounts of venture capital, and are located in the (bio-)tech cluster in Woburn, MA, just outside the city.
Now you know who we are, but who do we think YOU are?
· You combine a deep understanding of biological science and engineering with a passion for product development
· You want to make a difference, and you want to do it now
· You’re a leader and will contribute at Sample6 from day one
· You love solving challenging scientific and engineering problems
· You’re an innovator & work closely with product management to pursue the product vision
· You’re curious and are willing to try many approaches quickly and in parallel to bring awesome products to the market
· Coordinating and contributing tactically and strategically to all aspects of our R&D efforts
· Prioritizing and executing day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month technical work
· Weighing tradeoffs within a team-based environment
· Giving input and direction on experimental strategy and design to achieve product development goals and timelines
· Maintaining stringent documentation throughout the development process and contribute to the development of intellectual property
· Utilizing diverse inputs (technical literature, colleagues, vendors, etc.) to overcome technical hurdles and enhance the knowledge base
· Responding to evolving priorities within a complex and shifting development environment (i.e. the world)
PhD in microbially-focused biological sciences or engineering, e.g. biological or chemical engineering focused on microbial applications
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com