Leading National Food Manufacturer and Distributor in
Santa Fe Springs, CA seeks:
FOOD TECHNOLOGIST, EXPERIENCED
We’re looking for an experienced Food Technologist
with an in-depth knowledge of food science and technology and experience in
product development. Candidate must have the ability to formulate and
assist in the scale up of a wide variety of fresh, healthy, savory food
products; be able to independently manage multiple projects, and work
effectively with cross-functional internal and client teams. While not required,
the ideal candidate will have some culinary cross-training and/or
demonstrated cooking experience.
- Develop food products from
concept to commercialization that meets customers’ specifications and
- Develop products within cost
parameters as required.
- Establish product
specifications; develop nutrition facts and product labeling
- Oversee plant trial runs and
production start-ups, adapting formulas and processes as required.
- Work closely with Procurement
to source new and cost effective ingredients.
- Provide product information
and technical support to customers.
- Provide technical support and
training to Quality Assurance, Production and Sales departments.
- Work closely with production
and Quality Assurance on development and process flow on new products
and improvements to existing products.
- Coordinating with QA, conduct
shelf life studies, evaluate product stability and process flow and
recommend product shelf life.
- Ensure new products adhere to
federal and food industry standards.
- Effectively communicate with
R&D manager on project updates.
- Perform special projects and
duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food
Science or related field; Culinary experience a plus.
- 4-5 years of food product
- Ability to handle multiple
tasks simultaneously and to operate effectively in a fast paced
- Knowledge of food and safety
- Highly innovative and creative.
- Excellent verbal, written and
- Strong organizational skills
and able to work cross-functionally with different departments.
- Familiarity with good
- Proficiency in Microsoft
Office Suite and Genesis Nutritional Program.
- Good problem solving and
- Well-developed interpersonal
skills and professional demeanor, with an ability to interact with
employees and others at any level within an organization.
To indicate your interest in this opening, please
forward a resume (Word or PDF format) and cover letter to our recruiting
- Competitive pay