The comprehensive food
safety information website
Plant/HACCP Coordinator - Keystone Foods - West Chester, PA
The Plant/HACCP Coordinator position for the Keystone Foods R&D Center in West Chester, Pennsylvania is responsible for managing USDA and production activities necessary to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the Pilot Plant facility.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
· Manage all pilot plant activities for project tests and production runs to ensure efficient operation of the facility. Oversee activities in pilot plant to ensure safe operation of all equipment.
· Organize, set up, and operate all pilot plant equipment. Interact with Maintenance to ensure that equipment is maintained in good operating condition. Interact with Sanitation to ensure proper cleaning and storage of equipment.
· Conduct pilot tests with or without the assistance of technical staff. Record observations and data. Discuss results and recommendations for improvements with project managers.
· Provide training in equipment set up, operation, safety, and line organization for support staff, interns, and temporary workers. Serve as technical consultant for suppliers performing tests in the pilot plant, and for vendors installing equipment in pilot plant.
· Manage USDA and production issues to ensure products manufactured under USDA inspection meet all legal and production requirements. Notify USDA Inspector of weekly production schedule, label applications, etc. as necessary.
· Responsible for HACCP program and corporate safety audits.
The ideal candidate:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology, Food Science, or Meat Science preferred.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in protein processing required
· Basic Computer and math skills.
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Good organizational skills
· Good interpersonal skills
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the job incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties and responsibilities of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Keystone Foods LLC is a socially responsible equal opportunity employer.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org