The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Food Safety Scientist – Battlecreek, MI
Apply Now Job ID 2760749Date posted 08/09/2016
Quality Food Safety Scientist
The Post Consumer Brands– Battle Creek campus is comprised of 4 Business Units (manufacturing plants). The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical assistance by aggressively leading quality systems. This position is responsible for instilling quality awareness and commitment, and performing fact-based assessments/audits of manufacturing operations. The Quality Supervisor reports to the Quality Manger. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all records, procedures, processes, packaging and equipment are in compliance with all Federal, State and regulatory requirements.
· Provide technical knowledge to the Manufacturing Operation in areas of food science, microbiology, chemistry, statistics and good manufacturing practices, by identifying process variation and implementing innovative technology.
· Establish best manufacturing methods, which produce uniform products in compliance with company specifications and all government regulations.
· Provide HACCP plan maintenance, revisions, and addendums, lead building teams in identifying, investigating root causes, developing action plans, and tracking performance related to key consumer complaint issues.
· Responsible for monitoring conformance to SQF requirements, taking the lead to corrective action, closing any gaps as necessary.
· Evaluate effectiveness of, provide input on, and support authoring of cleaning procedures; ensuring the procedures are being followed.
· Lead employee training in statistical techniques, quality awareness and GMP’s, to improve product knowledge, driving for product consistency and process efficiency.
· Coordinating the plant hold/release program forfinished products, expediting disposition on held products, and providing recommendation for resolution of held raw and packaging materials
· Management of pest control activities in assigned buildings, performing audits to assess pest activity, coordinating building fogging, heat treatments and other methods to control pest activity, as well as monitoring pest activity trends is also required of this position.
· Provide leadership to the department during the absence of the Quality Systems Manager, directly interacting with corporate functions in implementation of plant quality systems; acting as Quality liaison for new/modified equipment for sanitary design, quality performance, kosher and allergen conformance.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related field or equivalent experience is required.
· Two to Three years professional food safety experience in manufacturing industry
· Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
· Basic computer skills required.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com