Food R&D Intern 2016-UNI03866 - Plymouth, MN
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 152,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
You will be assigned to a project or multiple projects that will be substantive in nature and will create exposure to a variety of work activities. Interns will have the opportunity to:
· Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies.
· Participate in orientation, networking, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development.
· Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance.
Your internship project(s) will be in one of two areas: research or applications.
· ‘Research’ oriented projects encompass applying scientific principles to build knowledge about food ingredients in our portfolio for use in finished food systems. Knowledge generated by the research group is typically used by our business units and customers to support development of new Cargill ingredients or customers’ finished products. The intern will work as part of a team on a variety of research projects focused on using analytical chemistry and food material science to characterize functionality of food ingredients at the molecular level.
· ‘Applications’ oriented projects involve applying lab or pilot work on customer finished food systems. Such applications work is typically done to meet a customer need and to support development of a new Cargill ingredient or product.
Internships are at least 12 weeks in duration. Cargill expects that its internships will present a win/win scenario for the intern and itself, with the potential for subsequent full-time employment of the intern where job availability, fit, and intern performance align.
· Various U.S. locations
· Summer before final year pursuing a B.A., B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or related science degree
· Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
· Must be open to relocation
· Overall GPA 3.0 preferred.
· Experience with laboratory instrumentation and analytical chemistry.
· Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities.
· Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making.
· Strong leadership and technical skills.
· Demonstrated ability of collaboration, communication, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com