Business Unit Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Manager-HOP02539 - MN-Hopkins
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 143,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Dressings, Sauces & Oils refines vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat for a wide range of food and nonfood manufacturers. We also make shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise, dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry.
The business operates seven oil refineries, five shortening and oil packaging plants, a mayonnaise production facility, a dressings plant and a culinary sauce facility, all of which are located in the United States. We also operate an edible oil refinery in Mexico.
Customers include major food manufacturers and quick-service and casual-dining restaurant chains. Dressings Sauces & Oils is integrated with Cargill's soybean crushing activities, which provide a reliable source of crude soybean oil for further processing.
The Business Unit Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Manager (BU FSQR) will be responsible for driving and delivering superior execution of Dressings, Sauces and Oils (DS&O) FSQR programs and processes, with a specific focus on the Dressings, Sauces and Mayonnaise (DSM) segment. He/she will provide oversight and direction to the DSM business team through comprehensive and thorough FSQR leadership and strong interpersonal communication skills focused on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
This position will work closely and collaboratively with other BU FSQR Managers and FSQR leads to drive continuous improvement and implement consistent BU FSQR food safety quality and regulatory policies and procedures across multiple facilities within multiple sites.
· 40% - Responsible for ongoing FSQR interface and liaison activities with Dressings Sauces and Mayonnaise (DSM) product development, sales and commercial teams. Builds, maintains and strengthens linkages with key DSM customer accounts to assure Cargill’s and our customer’s food safety, quality and regulatory compliance requirements are met. Ensures key customer FSQR communications, reports and issues are managed effectively in line with customer expectations. Builds trust and rapport with key customers; brings value to these customers by sharing FSQR insight and best practices.
· 25% - In conjunction with other BU FSQR Managers and FSQR leaders, ensures development and implementation of consistent, effective BU FSQR processes. Ensures compliance with Cargill FSQR policy, SEM processes, FSSC / quality management systems, risk management, customer specifications & data, management of FSQR issues and sensory programs across multiple BU facilities within multiple sites. Drives continuous improvement and provides input to segment leadership related to base/non-base capital needs to maintain food safety leadership position. Provides FSQR leadership / support to assigned BU projects. Provides leadership on pending regulatory / food safety matters.
· 15% - Perform prevention activities and issue resolution for DSM products – ensures connectivity and collaboration between FSQR functions across multiple facilities in a BU, mediates and ensures resolution, directs work with suppliers/external manufacturers, proactively anticipates risk and takes preventative action across multiple BU locations.
· 20% - People/resource/budget management – leads talent management of employees in FSQR organization at multiple sites, coordinates talent management efforts with other BU FSQR leaders, builds and develops effective, engaged FSQR workforce, develops strategic and tactical FSQR plans for BU in alignment with platform corporate FSQR and BU objectives. Key member of BU FSQR leadership team.
· Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related fields.
· Deep technical knowledge in the areas of food safety, quality assurance and regulatory affairs.
· Minimum 5+ years experience in Quality, Food Safety, and Regulatory compliance.
· Ability to travel 40%
· HACCP knowledge and implementation experience.
· Plant FSQR experience.
· Intermediate HACCP and PRP Knowledge/Implementation - Applies HACCP to identify & control food safety hazards
· Intermediate Auditing/Compliance - Applies intermediate auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
· Intermediate Meeting Customer Specifications Management - Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meet customer specifications; answers questions & solves customer problems
· Intermediate Knowledge of Food Laws & Regulations - Stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations.
· Intermediate Product Information/Documentation - Prepares product information and documentation that meet regulatory compliance requirements.
· Intermediate Supplier Quality Assurance - Identifies & addresses basic supplier quality issues
· Intermediate External Partnering - Builds basic relationships & negotiates effectively with external groups
· Intermediate Scientific Knowledge - Applies basic scientific knowledge & principles to identify & manage risk
· Capable to provide leadership/motivation to engage employees in the business.
· Basic Risk Assessment - Conducts and communicates the results of a scientific evaluation of the known or potential adverse health effects resulting from human or animal exposure to food borne hazards.
· Basic Knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhance food safety and quality
· Masters in Food Science, Microbiology, Food Quality Management, Chemistry, or related scientific field
· 3+ years experience interfacing with customers
· Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain Food safety systems
· Broad knowledge of food safety risks and mitigation
· Experience with dressings and sauces
· Regulatory knowledge / experience
· Acidified Foods / thermal processing experience
· Food Microbiology and sanitiation knowledge and experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org