Schwartz Brothers Bakery is a Seattle based Wholesale
Bakery serving the greater Pacific Northwest since 1973. Schwartz Brothers
Bakery was established to bake desserts for the Schwartz Brothers
Restaurants. We continue to bake desserts and breads for Chandlerís Crabhouse, Danielís Broilers and Gretchenís Shoebox
Express. We have since expanded our product line to include scones,
muffins, danishes, croissants, cookies and a
variety of delicious pastries.
We are currently hiring for a Quality Assurance
Coordinator to work between our Renton and Seattle facilities. This is a
full-time, non-exempt position. Pay rate is between $13-$17/hour depending
Support the bakery Food Safety and Quality Manager with oversight of the
bakery food quality and safety program through monitoring, documentation
and internal department communication
- Perform daily pre-op/operational procedures in all products manufacturing
- Monitor and verify all CCP's.
- Perform daily product checks following bakery QA and QC benchmarks.
- Continually monitoring, coaching and training team members on food safety
- Identify and correct deviation, discrepancies, violation that may occur
- Communicate all QA related issues to appropriate personnel, take immediate
corrective action/preventive measures and resolve issues in a timely
manner. Document all corrections on the daily QA Report.
- Implement all procedures and regulations as outlined in our QA, USDA/
HACCP and FDA program.
- Complete a QA Daily Report and send to Management, QA Team Members and
other pertinent personnel to keep current information of all related QA
activities and issues.
- Completion of all required QA, USDA, QAI, Kosher and HACCP and customer
required daily records to support compliance with all USDA, FDA, WSDA and
Health Department regulations.
- Complete Records Reviews daily as scheduled.
- File all records daily, as required.
- Review and approve all labels.
- Training other Team Members with signature documentation.
- Make recommendations to improve/develop current QA/USDA/FDA program.
- Attend QA meetings and other assigned or related inter-departmental
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least two (2) years of QA experience, in a bakery environment
- High School diploma required. College degree in related field preferred.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills required using Microsoft Word,
Excel and Outlook a minimum.
- Basic math skills.
- Flexible work schedule. Must be available to work some nights, weekends
and holidays and for co-worker coverage, as needed.
- Able to walk and stand most of the day.
- Must be able to read and write English proficiently.
- Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
- Strong organizational skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Basic understanding of food safety principles.
- Valid Washington State Food Handler's Permit required.
- Basic understanding of food processing/manufacturing operations.
- Reliable transportation
We offer competitive salary and benefits to include
medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) w/ company match, Paid
Time Off (PTO) and more!
Apply online at http://schwartzbros.atsondemand.com
†or email resume.