Domestic Research &
Development-Manager Job - Louisville,
Job Number: AS20141808-01599
Location: CORP - 2002
Papa John's Blvd
Come Join the
Better Ingredients, Better Pizza Team!
TheDomestic Research & Development
designs and conducts global research and development projects involving
current product improvement and new product/supplier development. All
research and related details and conclusions must be documented and
communicated in an appropriate manner.
Whatís on the Menu
- Department lead on all product, ingredient,
allergen, or nutritional inquiries from consumers, restaurants,
school systems, and internal departments. Including maintaining
documents on product ingredient lists, allergens, nutritional
analysis to support school lunch programs.
- R&D lead for all
new product/new vendor start-up trials and development runs at
plants to ensure desired final product quality and conformance to
- Project lead on existing product improvements,
formulary changes or enhancements, contract negotiations, and cost
improvement initiatives as assigned through sound, scientific
project planning. This includes complete product evaluations,
refinements, and documentation.
- Project lead for all in-house sensory panels
which include recruiting, performing, data analysis, documentation,
archiving, and reporting results to Senior Management. Department
lead for all departmental sensory training.
- Project lead for generating and maintaining
database of nutritional analysis on all menu items.
- Write product specifications on all new
products and provide R&D approval for any changes to existing
- Provide R&D support with supplier ideation
sessions to generate new ideas to expand available pipeline of
- Provide R&D support with product
preparation for consumer research testing. Including development of
consumer questionnaires for research projects as warranted.
- Design and perform continuing research on new
products to support Papa Johnís continuing culinary innovation.
- Determine, test, and verify portion amounts,
yield amounts, product builds, and standard operating practices
including shelf life recommendations for new products as developed.
- Prepare products for Senior Leadership Team,
Franchise Advisory Committee and other product showings and special
functions as required.
- Sound scientific project management skills
- Strong team player and motivated problem solver
- Strong food science background with special
emphasis in at least one category Ė cereal, meats, produce, or
- Demonstrated experience in developing research
templates and test designs and evaluating data.
- Clear, concise communication skills, both
written and verbal
- Excellent organization and interpersonal
- Degree in Food Science/Food Management or
related field is required.
- Five to seven years of food industry research
experience, preferably in the pizza industry.
- Competency in Genesis or related nutritional
Side Items (if
- Approximately 25% domestic travel is required
to meet vendors and supervise productions or product testing.
- International travel may be required on an as
combination of experience and training may substitute for any of the
listed position qualifications.
Criminal Background Check required.
Great things are
happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with
an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with
professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a
collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks
people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality
business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not
only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa Johnís has over
4,400 restaurants worldwide. We offer a competitive benefits and
compensation package.Better Ingredients. Better People.
Level of Education
Headquarters - Louisville
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.