Culinary Applications Technologist - Union Beach, NJ
In this role you will develop application prototypes and test R&D ingredients and technologies in savory applications, build differentiating savory flavor portfolios and modulations by working closely with R&D chemists and Sensory Consumer Insight team for a validation of new ingredients and technologies.
· Ability to work independently and with savory applications teams at C&A to successfully complete evaluating and validating R&D ingredients and technologies.
· Understand and conduct entire formulation process including: accurate formulation of savory applications prototypes, new ingredient and flavors specifications & handling, and computer entry of formulations and evaluation results.
· Work closely with other functions: flavorists, cross-category application technologies sharing ideas, sensory, R&D chemists, and Global Technical Directors.
· Knowledge of savory application processes and processing equipment.
· Support customer demonstrations of new technology.
· Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with application prototypes, applying new ingredients and technologies, flavor systems and finished prototypes.
· Participate in tasting and product evaluations.
· Interface with production and other IFF departments as necessary for completion of job tasks.
· Develop application skills to address changing food product trends and processing techniques.
· Maintain laboratory conditions, manage and transfer raw materials and flavor stocks.
· Observe laboratory and plant safety rules and GMP’s.
Strong computer skills, including, Microsoft Office, and other IFF systems as introduced and required.
Strong practical math skills (e.g. calculating and preparing dilutions of flavoring materials, flavor creations and applications, etc.)..
Excellent communication skills and ability to interact productively on internal/external basis.
Ability to taste and discriminate sensory properties of flavors & applications.
Ability and wiliness to learn new skills.
Exhibits IFF Principles
2 years of experience in flavor industry with active savory product development
B.S. in Food Science or related biological or chemistry degree
Fluent in English. Additional languages desirable.
Basic to intermediate computer skills.
Well organized self starter with desire to develop new skills.
Union Beach, New Jersey, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com