The comprehensive food
safety information website
Jr. Product Developer - R&D/Marketing - (025-16)
Jr. Product Developer - R&D/Marketing
Title: Jr. Product Developer – R&D/Marketing
Location: Fort Worth, TX
REQ #: 025-16
Grade: 10 ($55K)
Farmer Brothers has an excellent opportunity for a Jr. Product Developer who is interested in transitioning to a career in Marketing. Under general direction, this position is responsible for developing new products and ensuring that all formulations and ingredients comply with the original product specifications, maintaining the appearance, functionality, reliability, and cost parameters. Additionally, this position will assist with the planning and execution of marketing activities for all Allied (non-coffee) categories at Farmer Brothers including Tea, Spice and culinary products.
· Develops new product as requested by Marketing and Sales.
· Conducts sensory evaluation on new and existing culinary products. Evaluates new ingredients for functionality, cost, and sensory parameters. Prepares and revises blending sheets.
· Compiles and maintains products specifications for buy-out products and ingredients.
· Prepares and revises product nutritional data using Genesis R&D.
· Reviews product label information.
· Conducts shelf life testing on new products.
· Collaborates regularly with various product suppliers.
· Provides feedback and direction to co-packers and suppliers on new product formulations.
· Support Program and Product Manager with execution of annual business plans for all respective categories.
· Assist in new product development (NPD) process, working with oversight from Program Manager.
· Manage small NPD projects and assist the Program Manager with the NPD process.
· Act as the technical point of call for all product development for the Allied category.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in microbiology, food science and/or technology or in related field
· Minimum of 3-5 years of product development experience in food/beverage, preferably in tea, juices, beverage bases and mixes.
· At least 1-3 years’ experience working with Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Operations and External vendors.
· At least 1-3 years’ experience managing NPD process and projects within a CPG environment.
· Strong project management competences with additional experience in building project schedules.
· Experience working with cross functional project teams.
· Familiarity with sensory evaluation testing methods and statistical analysis.
· Proficient in operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Ability to travel as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
Farmer Brothers not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
· Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
· ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
· 401(k) Plan
At Farmer Brothers we want our employees to succeed…their success is our success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fort Worth, TX 76177 US (Primary)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org