Food Safety Quality Supervisor - Winchester, VA
Position summary: The overall
responsibility is to support and enhance the National Fruit Product Co., Food
Safety program. Some of the primary responsibilities are listed below, but
additional responsibilities will be added as we enhance our program.
· Verification and Validation of SQF elements.
· HACCP team member.
· Audit and enforce General Manufacturing Procedures.
· Review daily Quality Assurance records “real time”
· Train new Quality Assurance Technicians.
· Ensure all non-conforming product is reworked according to disposition.
· Member of Food Defense Team.
· Set up and perform basic Microbiology testing as experience allows.
· Oversee and audit plant sanitation and Pre-Operational programs.
· Fill in for Quality Assurance Technicians in case of absence.
· Supervise Quality Assurance Technicians on their shift.
· Recommend enhancements to our FSQ program.
· Actively pursue consumer complaint reduction.
· Follow up on all Corrective Actions that result from various inspections, consumer complaints or set-asides.
· Learn and understand all plant processes.
· Support plant yield efforts.
· Support the development of the Operations “Quality” program to produce repeatable results.
· Stay current with regulatory changes and the science of our business.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Job description can be changed at any time.
· Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication, problem solving.
· High School Graduate / GED
· Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Biology (or related field)
· Support SQF requirements by maintaining food safety plan and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner to ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and Kosher product requirements.
· Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and or Food Defense issues to the Food Safety and Quality Department.
· Safety is vitally important not only at our facility but also from a personal standpoint. Employees are responsible for understanding and following all safety procedures. Likewise, food safety is a key performance indicator. Understanding this, GMP and housekeeping procedures are to be followed as part of any job at our facility.
· Quality Assurance Technicians, Sanitation Lead
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory use of ear plugs.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org