Food Safety Supervisor-MAN000970 - San Jose, CA
Come grow with us as a Food Safety Supervisor as you will ensure the development, compliance and certification of food safety programs for our frozen manufacturing plant. Lead with us as you will manage inspections, traceability, testing, vendor auditing and microbial program compliance. So engage with us as you grow your career at Kellogg – the place where you can achieve more!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Food Safety Supervisor at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
· Delivering continuous improvement and working with Corporate Quality in the execution of company programs with direct involvement with manufacturing support personnel
· Ensuring Microbial program and sanitation compliance along with continued development and continuous improvement of such programs
· Adhering to required quality & food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies and practices, including vendor management related to food safety
· Ensuring allergen program management and compliance by key traceability, inspection program management, vendor management, and the delivery of the established metrics for the microbial program
· Being accountable for HACCP and quality & food safety training for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required programs
· Ensuring adherence to all standard work processes
· Supporting coordination and preparation for internal and third party audits
· Being responsible for compliance with all food safety regulations in the plant; ensuring proper sanitary condition at all times, including all guidelines for allergen control and pest control are followed
· Being responsible for sustainability: ensure achievement of all area/shift KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
· BS degree in food science, microbiology, or equivalent is required with significant experience in quality & food safety
· Strong understanding of applicable regulations, GMP and Food Safety standards in accordance with regulatory bodies (FDA, USDA, CFIA, etc)
· Strong technical aptitude along with proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Proven experience in managing processes through Continuous Improvement
· HACCP certification and thorough technical knowledge of quality & food safety and GFSI program
· Experience with SAP
· Significant knowledge of food processing and packaging
· Experience in auditing and Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements
· Pest control license
· Prior Supervisory experience
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Must be able to work off shifts and 12+ hour days, including weekends and holidays
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
: USA-CA-San Jose
: Aug 31, 2015, 8:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org