Intern – Research, Quality, Nutrition & Technology - Purdue-RES000471
Grow your career as an Intern on the Kellogg Research, Quality, Nutrition & Technology team – where we believe in your success. Here at Kellogg we are always seeking to add great talent like you to our pipeline for future roles, and now is no exception to that. We are looking to fill multiple intern positions in 2016. During your time with us, you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Representative opportunities within the Research, Quality, Nutrition & Technology department may include the following:
· Product Development Scientist – Exhibiting innovation in discovery, advancement & evaluation of new technologies in the area of food/process research and development
· Food Technologist – Setting and following a plan from creation of a plant test/start up plan, through cost estimation (initial and ongoing), to development and implementation of SAP production formulas to food production
· Quality Assurance - Working closely with the Product Development team to ensure our products and premiums meet all company standards through documentation of product image and defect standards
· Sensory Scientist - Working with Scientists to provide cross-functional sensory support to project teams by executing, analyzing, and reporting results of all sensory test types (Descriptive, Discrimination, Shelf-life, and Consumer testing)
· Food Chemist – Conducting independent research in the areas of analytical chemistry, lipid chemistry, texture and rheology, and cereal science, you’ll support our Product Development team by assessing process variation and assuring that products meet specifications
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
· As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Research, Quality, Nutrition & Technology, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
· Pursuing Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. degree and studying a scientific discipline linked to a Food Science Program (including but not limited to Food Chemistry, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ag Engineering, etc.)
· Minimum of 3.0 GPA (Cumulative)
· Available for a 6 month assignment
· Anticipated graduation date cannot fall during the course of, or at the completion of, your internship. Candidate must be continuing education after assignment!
· Strong oral and written communication skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Travel may be required but will depend on geography.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
: Research and Development
: USA-MI-Battle Creek - Corporate Headquarters
: Nov 24, 2015, 8:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com