Food Safety Market Manager - Pullman, WA
The responsibilities and pressures on QA/QC Managers in the processed food industry are changing rapidly. Decagon has sold water activity meters to these customers for more than 25 years, and we want to expand the products and services we offer these customers so that they can do their jobs better. We are looking for a person to lead this effort, and grow our business within the food quality/safety industry. The successful candidate will be passionate about improving the success of food quality/safety systems through Decagon’s products, and be both curious and resourceful in this effort. Job duties and qualifications are as follows.
• Execute Long-term Vision - Fulfill Decagon’s vision, which is to combine subject matter
expertise, devices, and systems to make our food safety customers more successful.
• Develop Products - Work as a leader of cross-functional teams that develop new
products/services for Decagon’s food safety customers. This involves spending time
observing users, developing features based on gathered information, and measuring the
success of development efforts.
• Develop Partnerships - Work with other companies that offer instruments or services thatare complementary to ours, creating OEM relationships that will add value for our
• Promote In-market Products - Formulate and execute an annual marketing plan and
budget that generates primary demand for food safety products/services.
• 5-10 years experience in microbiology within the food industry
• 5-10 years experience with food safety schemes like HACCP, HARPC, FSSC 22000, GFSI,
BRC, SQF, etc.
• Familiarity with the changing food safety regulatory environment
• Familiarity with QA/QC Manager job functions and responsibilities
• Experience with marketing preferred but not required
• Limited travel will be required
• Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Decagon also offers a generous benefits package, including health care, profit sharing,
Learn more about decagon and apply at:
The position will be open until the right candidate is found.
Decagon designs, manufactures, and sells environmental instruments to measure biophysical quantities in the entire soil-plant-atmosphere continuum. Current areas of product focus include soil moisture, temperature and electrical conductivity, hydrology, thermal properties, plant ecophysiology, canopy analysis and microclimate monitoring. In addition to being a world leader in environmental instrumentation, Decagon is a great place to work.
If you ask someone who works at Decagon their favorite thing about their job, they will most likely say that they think that the people they work with are great. Our group rarely takes the well-worn path in terms of development, instead choosing the innovative route. Everyone on the Decagon team contributes to our products—from the initial design ideas to the sensor building in our production facilities. We’re committed to making products that allow scientists to make better measurements at a cost that allows them to get the most out of a limited budget.
Decagon Devices is located at the eastern edge of the Columbia River basin in Washington State. Outdoor recreation opportunities abound. The region contains excellent hiking, biking, fishing, camping, and world-class white water rivers. Surrounding major metropolitan areas include Spokane, WA (1.5 hour drive), Seattle, WA (4.5 hour drive), and Portland, OR (6 hour drive). Pullman, WA is home to Washington State University and University of Idaho is just down the road in the neighboring city of Moscow, ID. Schools in both towns are some of the highest rated schools in each respective state. Both towns are considered college towns where residents enjoy a high quality of life with a moderate cost of living.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com