The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Educator - Salinas, CA - Work St.)
Implement quality programs within a given functional area of the Quality group. Support management in the implementation of relevant quality processes and procedures and the daily execution of activities. Provide day-to-day quality instruction, training, and direction to manufacturing to ensure adherence to food safety and quality procedures and policies. Recommend training or continuous improvement based on observed operational needs. Lead and facilitate quality training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Through hands on day-to-day instruction and engagement with manufacturing employees, mentor employees to change the quality culture through an improved and enhanced understanding of quality and its role in producing food safe products.
2. Educate manufacturing personnel on various quality programs, procedures, practices, operational processes to include, HACCP criteria, GMPs, Quality Assurance Manual procedures, food safety protocols, processing equipment, line change overs, proportion verification, blend ratio, quality product evaluation.Position will also perform some of the aforementioned duties as needed.
3. Review, monitor and verify compliance of quality programs, procedures, practices, operational procedures.This will include oversight of in process product, product samples, and quality measures performed by personnel.Will provide guidance, instruction and or remedies to ensure compliance to quality expectations.
4. Recommend training or continuous improvement based on observed operational needs.Lead and facilitate quality training.
5. Implement and instruct manufacturing personnel on key quality indicators, such as weights and quality holds.
6. Assist management in the development and execution of quality checks related to manufacturing lines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A.S. degree in Agriculture or similar field with studies that include science and statistical analysis or equivalent in education and experience. A four year degree in Food Science or Agriculture is preferred.
2. Three (3) years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and/or certification and work experience.
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of NAV system is a plus.
1. Above average verbal and written communication skills.
2. Bilingual and bi-literate English/Spanish.
3. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
4. Ability to write or input data used to generate routine reports and correspondence.
1. Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
1. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
2. Knowledge of company products, packaging, and freshness control program and quality standards and tolerances preferred.
3. Capable of making decisions in a fast pace environment.
4. Ability to perform quality tasks in a timely manner, such as critical control points or organic compliance, under the supervision of QA Supervisors or management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. Valid driverís license.
2. Food Safety Certificate highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a cold and wet environment and to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
QA & Food Safety
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org