The comprehensive food
safety information website
Environmental Public Health Investigator I (Food Safety) - Denver, CO
Environmental Public Health Investigator I (Food Safety)
$21.19 - $30.94 Hourly
Environmental Health (EH)
9/14/2015 11:59 PM Mountain
Division of Public Health Inspections of the Department of Environmental
Health has an opening for an Environmental
Public Health Investigator I - Food Safety.
· Conducts on-site facility inspections and investigations or analysis of environmental/public health issues and learns the procedures and rationale to recommend corrective, enforcement or environmental/public health management action. Reinvestigates and re-inspects facilities based on established policies.
· Provide routine technical assistance, education and training about environmental/public health stewardship and compliance to maintain public health and environmental/public health.
· Distribute information to the public, affected industries/businesses and other governmental agencies.
· Prepare or review applications and verify information submitted for licenses and permits to assure applicable standards are met.
· Collect field samples, environmental/public health related data or information as necessary for laboratory or trend analysis.
· Monitor compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
A combination of the appropriate type and level of education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience qualifications.
of a valid Colorado Class "R" Driver's license at the time of
1. Investigators work a flexible schedule that could change weekly. Shift scheduling could require working late some nights and working during some weekends.
2. Investigators inspect regulated facilities across the City, so this position requires use of the employee's personal vehicle. Mileage traveled for the purpose of agency business is reimbursed.
should be prepared to demonstrate the following at the time of
· a valid Colorado Class "R" Driver's License;
· recent proof of a clean driving record (MVR); and
· proof of valid car insurance.
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
provided on the application / resume is used to determine if a candidate
meets minimum qualifications. Only information provided at the time of the
application being completed will be considered, and additional information
that is not listed on either the application or an attached resume may not be
considered when deciding if a candidate meets or does not meet the
qualifications. Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to include all information
and details on their application and attached resumes.
Classification Title: Environmental
Public Health Investigator I - CE2264
Background Check/Drug Testing: Candidates must pass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit and drug testing may be required.
Probationary Period: The successful candidate will be
required to complete a minimum six month probationary period (benefits will
be active during this time) prior to attaining Career Status with the City.
To view the City and County of Denver's robust benefit package that only a multiple-industry employer can offer click the link below.
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Hospitality Management, Food Safety, Nutrition, or a directly related field?
If you have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, please describe the related degree:
Do you possess a valid driver's license at the time of application?
Do you possess a clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance?
Are you willing to work a flexible schedule that could include working some hours on nights and weekends?
City and County of Denver
Address201 W Colfax Ave, Dept 412
Wellington E. Webb Municipal Office Building
Denver, Colorado, 80202.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com