Food Safety, Quality, & Regulatory Superintendent-ALB00542 - MN-Albert Lea
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 143,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
This position is responsible for food safety and quality management systems and regulatory compliance within a further processing facility which produces a variety of cooked products. The FSQR Superintendent will assist in hiring, training and motivating a team of 13 FSQR individuals to insure continuous and consistent program implementation and continuous improvement. This position requires writing, revising, maintaining, implementing, auditing, and scoring of plant HACCP food safety systems and other regulatory programs. This position is will monitor FSIS/CFIA regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards and act as liaison between USDA/CFIA and plant operations.
· 35% - Maintain current GHP, SSOP, HACCP and pre-requisite plans and records. Coordinate daily food safety reporting. Implement and maintain corporate initiated changes.
· 25% - Food safety action/reporting including; incident investigations, C/A's, preventive measures and audit responses. Coordinate all audits and traceability exercises.
· 15% - Training plant employees on food safety programs and regulatory changes.
· 10% - Manage sanitation and pest control HACCP team contracts and programs.
· 10% - Lead Food Safety Team and oversee Food Management System
· 5% - Assist with development and validations plans for plant/line expansions.
· Ability to work in a cold environment
· Ability to work nights / weekends as needed
· Ability to travel (varies but typical is 25%)
· 1 to 3 years of Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory experience
· Working knowledge of laboratory, SPC, and plant processes
· Knowledge of USDA/CFIA government standards in food safety
· Basic computer skills including, including spread sheets and databases
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Occasional travel
· Bachelor's degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related field
· 1 year supervisory experience preferred
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking toward development and growth for a FSQR Manager role. The role provides a broad perspective, requiring interactions with the community, customer and all aspects of the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org