The comprehensive food
safety information website
Safety/Quality Supervisor Labtech Specialty Staffing
Job Code: #590
Title: Food Safety/Quality Supervisor
Job Location: Owatonna Minnesota
Responsible for managing
the day-to-day quality, food safety and sanitation efforts of the plant.
- Lead the plant in achieving and
maintaining SQF Level 3 certification status. (SQF Practitioner a plus)
- Manage the day-to-day needs of
the siteís SQF-based Quality Management System and create and update
plant food safety and quality programs, as needed.
- Manage and direct all plant
Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Manage and direct plant
sanitation efforts and the overall sanitation effectiveness
through SSOP, verification and validation protocols.
- Perform investigational process
to prevent and eliminate microbiological concerns.
- Manage the siteís integrated
environmental management and mapping program (Enviromap).
- Perform customer service
complaint investigations using CAPA techniques.
- Complete needed internal audits
of facility and grounds.
- Monitor and manage the plantís
Integrated Pest Control Program.
- Monitor incoming packaging,
ingredients etc. for deficiencies and communicate any issues.
- Verify and validate all daily
food safety and quality tests are being performed including but not
- Mycotoxin testing of incoming
- Sensory evaluations of
incoming ingredients and finished products
- Product conformance tests:
cut, size, shape, color, blend, density, bag weights etc.
- Microbiological sampling of
finished product and the plant environment
- The inspection of inbound and
- Manage finished product and raw
material status through the companyís Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- BS in Food Science or similar
- SQF Practitioner/Certification
- HACCP experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience
in Food Quality.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
in Supervisory/Management position.
- Some travel required
to other company sites to assist in internal audits
- Experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, ERP
- Ability to handle frequent
deadline pressures and manage numerous projects in progress at any given
- May be required to work some
- Comply with all company safety
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights
reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com