Position: Junior Food Scientist
Department: Research and Culinary Innovation
Reports to: RCI Culinologists
Hours: Full Time
Objective: To assist in all
Research and Culinary Development and aide in communication from RCI to
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in multiple concurrent
food product development projects from bench top testing to production
- Explore quality improvements
and cost reductions to current product formulations.
- Assist in defining research
procedures and experiment guidelines to drive effective development.
- Assist RCI team in managing
new product launch process and use ARAS PLM Software to communicate
with other departments
- Complete research projects on
items in production, in collaboration with QA and operations.
- Cook and evaluate R&D
samples and current products.
- Assist with the ideation of
new products through market research and product surveys.
- Assist in testing new
ingredients, suppliers and distribute info to appropriate departments.
- Create new product
- Operate R&D equipment.
- Assist production in new
product start up.
- Provide technical support
services to sales team across all channels of business.
- Assist in sourcing out QA
equipment and establishing standards for all products; i.e. Salt,
Moisture analyzer, Brix, Viscosity/Botswick,
Acidity and accelerated storage cabinets.
- Organize ingredient inventory
and request the necessary ingredients for research projects.
- Produce and inventory buyer
samples and ship to sales accounts, when needed.
- Stay engaged and contribute
to new process building
- Learn and be proficient in
ARAS PLM Software
General Production Duties:
- Follow company safety policy
and the company policies of HACCP and SOPs.
- Follow personal hygiene &
be familiar with current good manufacturing practices (CGMPs).
- Provide support to other
areas of production as needed.
- MS Office Suite
- ARAS PLM Software
- Genesis R&D
Education, training and work experience required:
- Bachelorís Degree in Food
Science or Culinology.
- Approaches challenges as
opportunities to find solutions.
- Experience in analytical
- Ability to work in a
cross-functional team, and prioritize team building in the office.
- Works well with a variety of
people and points of view.
- Problem solving skills, and
- Outstanding organizational
skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize
- Mathematical Skills; ability
to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Ability
to compute rate, ratio and percent and interpret.
- Ability to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or
- Must be flexible and open to
- Must be able to stand for
extended periods of time.
- Lifting, bending, and
squatting as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50
Job Type: Full-time