The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Scientist – Subway - Miami, FL
Requisition Number16-0100TitleFood ScientistCityMiamiStateFLDescription
Be a part of the Subway® Group – the world’s largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,000 restaurants in over 100 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our regional office in Miami Florida.
The Food Scientist position is responsible for providing leadership for new product development, product improvement and problem solving.Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English and Spanish.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide ongoing technical support to the business.
· Manage the product and supplier approval processes.
· Manage the relationship with and monitor the performance of contracted third party quality partners.
· Serve as regional representative for New Product Development (NPD) and Quality Assurance matters.
· Develop, document and implement protocols for store testing of trial products prior to launch to ensure performance characteristics required by franchisees are deliverable.
· Develop and document procedures for sample submissions, product evaluation and product sign off. Manage all product/packaging trials and retain library/references samples as required.
· Develop, document and implement systems for assessing conformance of product to specification and implement ongoing product assessment panels, with detailed records of finding and any corrective action taken.
· Ensure all products meet Legislative requirements in the County of Origin and Country of Usage. Investigate serious breaches of specification-product safety, legality and quality. Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken, details recorded and product is monitored for repeat occurrences.
The successful candidate will have:
· College degree in Food Science or Technology.
· 5 years of related experience in the food industry.
· Food manufacturing experience.
· Strong sensory evaluation knowledge and experience.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
· Strong attention to detail and strong project management skills.
· The ability to deal effectively with suppliers, colleagues and franchisees.
· The ability to manage a number of fast paced projects effectively.
· The ability to set and work to deadlines as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office. No phone calls, please. Sorry, no relocation can be provided.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com