Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and
drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230
stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over
250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The
company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country
that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs,
ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United
Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Operations Bellevue Milk & Ice Cream Plants, located in
Bellevue, WA has an opening for a Quality Assurance Coordinator. This
position will assist both facilities by covering the duties listed below:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for plant HACCP reporting to include data collection,
procedure development and record keeping.
- Deal with regulatory and plant personnel ensuring ongoing compliance with
a focus on maintaining and improving relationships.
- Perform plant floor duties including quality audit inspection record
keeping, product sample collection and analysis, HACCP updating,
compliance, auditing and active participation in the 5S program.
- Collect quality related information from plant floor operators ensuring
compliance with quality standard operating procedures.
- Develop, implement and role out new quality
programs (sanitary maintenance, BRC audit gap analysis) to meet Corporate
quality standards for all US Plants.
- Participate in regulatory audits, and perform Acting QA Supervisor duties
during QA Supervisor’s absence.
- Microbiological analysis; preparation and plating of samples.
- Working knowledge of Global Food Safety Initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related
- Three – five years experience in Quality
Assurance and laboratory experience.
- Excellent PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint; ability to grasp additional business related
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Excellent analytical judgment with confidence to act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical and
technical writing skills required.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal and external
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills required.
- Energetic, self-motivated and the ability to manage multiple projects and
work with multifunctional teams.
- Ability to motivate, lead and influence various levels of the
- 5% travel required.
- Work hours may vary in order to accommodate the business needs of a 24
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by
visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working
environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee
is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful
relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible
through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to
better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation,
promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age,
disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other
legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are
required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER