The comprehensive food
safety information website
QC Tech – Protein Research – Livermore, CA
Join our team as a QC Tech. Must have knowledge of raw
material screening, must be familiar with COA (Certificate of Analysis) and
must have aseptic technique (aka: sampling) experience.
· Maintain accurate records of inspection results.
· Aseptically sampling raw materials and components, with verification of quality checks.
· Inspect and audit incoming components upon receipt.
· Initiate laboratory testing of ingredient components in accordance to internal specifications and in compliance to 21 CFR Part 111and SQF.
· Conduct physical testing of packaging components in accordance to internal specifications and in compliance to 21 CFR Part 111and SQF.
· Evaluate incoming labels for compliance and release.
· Issue Quality Disposition of all incoming components.
· Monitor nonconforming materials in QC Hold and Exception Areas.
· Communicate details of non-conformances to internal parties, as needed.
· Perform sensory testing and QC evaluation of finished packaging for final approval and release of offsite manufactured goods.
· Assist in root cause analyses when non-conformances are detected within the facility.
in prioritizing, isolating, and resolving quality and process problems.
· Provide feedback to Quality Manager on matters concerning quality operations daily.
· Perform internal GMP audits and support corrective action gap closures.
· Support batch records reviews and pre-inspection start-up documentation.
· Data entry into our packaging specification database system.
· Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; securing appropriate tests/reviews and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
· Approve WIP (work in-process) by confirming specifications; conducting sensory, visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
· Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs.
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
other job functions as required by Manager.
· High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field preferred
· Two to four years related experience
· Quality Systems experience: SQF, HACCP, ISO 22000, Kosher, Organic and other based systems.
· Knowledge of FDA principals of HACCP Food Safety Programs, SQF Certification (GFSI) and 5S Process
· Knowledge of Food Safety and Food Defense along with Quality Systems knowledge
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Acute attention to detail
to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts
· Working knowledge of statistical analysis of data, laboratory instrumentation and troubleshooting, and laboratory analysis
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
to work overtime, various shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org