Application Technologist - Schaumburg, IL
Independent application & project planning ability seamlessly integrating creativity, innovation & presentation skills to provide best in class support to IFF clients. Clearly displaying strong finished product knowledge with excellent problem solving abilities utilized into an established customer network (internal & external). Able to establish & guide cross-functional teams focusing on product, project or innovation development. Sharing & leveraging products & techniques in associated category/s on a regional bases.
· Demonstrated Team Player abilities; Leader and/or collaborator in Medium to Large projects.
· Research, refine & upgrade flavor solutions for client projects (i.e. profile, legal, cost & stability, etc.).
· Recognized trouble shooting, flavor solution & technology provider
· Recognized liaison & collaborator to Sales/Marketing, Flavorists, S&CI, GRA & other departments to support the project execution
· Participate in category initiatives &/or new concept generation
· Strong timeline & project decision-making (management) skills
· Engage management to obtain appropriate resource or expertise
· Liaising with Creation to offer IFF proprietary advantage
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, TOOLS & TALENT DEVELOPMENT
· High level knowledge of recipe ingredients/raw materials and their function
· Develop & improve application formulations using knowledge of industrial standards & client requirements.
· Maintain & continuously renovate application specific recipe database
· Maximize flavor performance through recipe design
· Provide flavor driven solutions utilizing creative problem solving skills
· Review, re-new & renovate Flavor Bank in-line with established metrics
· Build flavor attribute/language knowledge & articulate with others in the team/on projects
· ‘Super-User’ in IFF technical data systems
· Strong creativity, innovation & presentation skills
· Able & willing to mentor others in the organization
STRATEGY & BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE
· Fosters & drives interdepartmental regional and/or global networks/relationships
· Valued partner with key customers and related categories
· Collaborate in development & implementation of the technical strategy with clients
· Understands market taste differences/preferences & ensures concept/submission alignment with key customer brands/products and consumer preference of the segments/category
· Fosters internal understanding of such brands/products & consumer preference
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in industrial food, pharmaceutical, ingredient or flavor industry
· 5 years in the specific field of expertise
· 2 to 3 years exposure to interdepartmental cross-functional team roles (leader, participant, manager, etc.)
· Minimum entry level is a BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry & Biochemistry or related disciplines.
· Passed IFF internal sensory test & discriminative organoleptic skills
· Master &/or PhD preferred
· Knowledgeable in food safety, raw materials, food regulations, sanitation & production processes
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com