Jr. Food Scientist - San
Juan Bautista, CA
49 - Commercialization
Regular, Full Time
San Juan Bautista, CA
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor,
the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for maintaining and
executing compliance with the quality and food safety systems for all
manufacturing processes focused on raw, in-process, and finished product.
This individual must work independently with minimum supervision. This is a
year-round position based in the San Juan Bautista, CA headquarters.
Essential Functions Required:
• Continuously inspect product, plant, employees, and equipment on
the manufacturing floor to ensure quality and food safety standards are
• Monitor and maintain adequate chlorine and citric acid in wash
• Physically inspect raw, in-process, and finished product for
• Complete required documentation (quality, food safety and test
forms) honestly and accurately.
• Report discrepancies and violations along with solutions to the
Quality Assurance Supervisor immediately.
• Contribute to a successful food safety culture by following and
enforcing the established guidelines as outlined in the Earthbound Farm
Food Safety Policy.
• Follow all company food safety protocols without fail.
• Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food
• Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as
• Perform physical activities such as, but not limited to lifting
equipment (up to 25 lbs unassisted), bending,
kneeling, crouching, standing, climbing or walking.
• Ability and willingness to work environment in cold temperatures
(34 – 36 degrees F) and wet conditions.
• Ability to work rotating AM and PM
shifts, weekend and holiday hours.
• Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work
environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business
conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the
project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or a related field from a
four-year college or university preferred.
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
• One (1) to three (3) years of food safety or quality assurance
experience in a food manufacturing environment.
• Experience and knowledge of raw materials, production processes
and quality control.
• Up-to-date knowledge of State and Federal food safety
regulations, Good Management Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and
Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs.
• Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
present to multi-level audiences; bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
• Functional proficiency in MS Office Suite Programs including
Word, Excel, Outlook and database software
Routine exposure to a cold and wet manufacturing environment (34-36
degrees F), the smell of chlorine, outdoor weather conditions, heavy
machinery, forklift traffic and loud noises. Some exposure to a business
casual office environment that involves the extensive use of office
equipment, such as computers and telephones.
will need to submit the following documents during the application process.
Earthbound Farm is an Affirmative Action/Equal