The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager - Pet Food - Ennis, TX
Job Location Ennis, TX Job ID FN-16-4932
This position manages the quality assurance and food safety program for a distribution center (DC). This includes reviewing, monitoring and assessing contracted service and associate adherence to company standards and government regulations. This position is responsible for inspection of inbound product, both grain based and non-grain based items, food product storage conditions and assuring that pet food products are under safe wholesome conditions.
· Manages DC's QA/food safety program, partnering with Maintenance, DC Operations leaders and contracted janitorial services, to enforce the sanitation plan and address/prevent infestation. Ensures that contracted services are met as per the Scope of Work (SOW). Works to address issues, as well as incorporate changes, to attain program goals and adhere to government regulations.
· Gathers and studies data to understand trends and issues and to make decisions related to food safety and quality. Manages all records, required by regulatory organizations and laws, pertaining to master sanitation, pest control and Inbound inspections at the DC.
· Coordinates and administers DC sanitation practices as directed by the company's PetCare Sanitation
· Standard Operating Procedures. Develops and executes a followup process within each department as a means of ensuring compliance to the sanitation procedures.
· Administers internal audit/inspection programs, including the sanitation work order process, cleaning frequency and inbound inspection process. Provides feedback to the respective DC leadership to immediately correct any deficiencies on the master sanitation checklist that could possibly lead to damage /product infestation.
· Trains and educates leaders and associates to prevent infestation and provide safe storage and shipping practices in order to provide stores with safe product to sell. Evaluates effectiveness of training to assure continuous improvement.
Requires proficiency typically obtained with a bachelors degree and 3+ years of experience working in a food manufacturing or Distribution/Storage facility with responsibilities of administrating a structured basic Quality Assurance and HACCP program. A strong knowledge of pest control operations and auditing procedures. Working with and overseeing outside contracted services to ensure compliance to SOW requirements and accountabilities.
Requires good understanding of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points( HACCP), Microbiology, Integrated Pest Management, Restricted Use Pesticides, Fumigants, Sanitation Chemicals, Heat Treatment for Pest Control, Environmental Programs, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures/Master Sanitation Programs, Good Manufacturing Programs, Sanitary Design and Engineering, Internal and External Auditing, and Food Safety Inspections.
Requires analytical and problem solving (critical and evaluative thinking) skills to analyze data for trends and translate into actionable business recommendations. Candidate must have strong human relations skills to build effective relationships with peers, leadership and contracted providers.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Proficiency with other computer applications and programs
· Knowledge of mechanical equipment
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com