Job Summary: Assures quality products and processes by
establishing and enforcing quality standards; testing, and food plant
sanitary cleaning protocols. All employees are required to report any Food
Safety issues to their Supervisor immediately, who takes the responsibility
The Food Safety / Quality Assurance Manager has the
responsibility and authority to oversee the development, implementation,
review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety
fundamentals, to take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF
System, communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to
ensure the effective implementation and maintenance. The FSQA Manager as
the SQF Practitioner also has the responsibility for validating all changes
to Food Safety Fundamentals and Food Safety / Quality Plans that have an
Impact as it relates to receiving and delivering safe food.
The FSQA Manager supplies both engineering expertise
and management skills to:
1. Develop and manage a FSQA organization.
2. Build and manage a cost effective system appropriate for a developing
3. Direct experience at interfacing with FDA and/or other such regulatory
4. Participate in preventing and solving food safety and quality problems
in both existing and developing products, Process Control, Equipment
Sanitization, HACCP, cGMP Control, FIFO, Allergen, and Raw Materials.
5. Vendor audit Compliance: Raw materials, consumables, Food contact
packaging, refrigerated shipping and receiving vendors.
6. Develop SQF Code and other certifications when/if appropriate in the
7. Waste Management Systems
8. Preventative Maintenance Supervision for Food Safety Program.
9. Vendor & 3rd Party Audits.
10. Assure compliance with FDA/ USDA/ OSHA / DEC, EPA / DEP / Department Of
Agriculture and other city and state agencies. FSQA Supervisor is the
designed backup, if the FSQA Manager is out.
11. Advise in development of business systems and processes beyond product
12. Adhere to all company policies and procedures including, SOP’s and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. High school diploma and technical degree in related field
2. Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience required.
3. Bakery experience a plus
4. Strong analytical skills.
5. Strong understanding of scientific method.
6. Organizational and team leadership competencies required. Basic
technical know-how of diverse factory processes a plus.
7. Successful experience at supervising and developing a FSQA Operation,
including budgetary management, especially in a developing company.
8. Experience dealing with quality management of both domestic and foreign
9. A track record of making financial contributions through quality
10. Experience at planning and leading an organization through ISO
11. Ability to recognize a variety of dough’s and appropriate toppings.
12. Ability to understand production schedules.
13. Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
14. Strong written and verbal skills.
15. Experience writing procedures.
16. Ability to keep accurate records.
17. Ability to follow documented procedures and standards.
18. Strong time management skills.
19. Ability to work independently.
20. Strong math skills.
21. Related degree or certification is beneficial. HACCP/ ISO
CERTIFICATION, HAZMAT 40 OSHA.
22. Knowledgeable in FDA, USDA, EPA and GMP guidelines for food
23. Must have a strong understanding of food safety, HACCP, GMP, sanitary
design/controls, pest control, food regulations/specifications, and basic
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
1. Worker exposed to temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more
than one hour. More extreme temperatures possible during summer months.
2. Worker exposed to a loud working environment.
3. Worker exposed to hazards in the work place such as close proximity to
equipment conducting extreme heat, moving parts, and electrical current.
4. Must be able to work in environment containing flour dust and other
allergens (nuts, milk, wheat, etc.).
Other Duties as Assigned
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
Reports To: VP of Operations
Supervisory Responsibilities: Food Safety and Quality
Assurance Supervisor, Quality Assurance Technicians, Sanitation Supervisor,