Territory Manager – Neogen Corporation - Lansing, MI
Job Title: Territory Manager Department: Sales – Seafood Division
Reports To: Sales Director FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: R. Kanaby Prepared Date: 07/8/15
Approved By: A. Pramov Approved Date: 07/20/15
Summary: Responsible for maximizing the sales of diagnostic test kits, media and associated supplies to customers and prospects into the seafood market segment. Sales will be direct to companies involved in the further processing of Seafood products. Also responsible for controlling expenses and accounts receivable management while implementing approved sales and marketing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Creates annual territory business plan that clearly identifies the potential revenue growth opportunities and details plans, by product, by account, which will allow for successful obtainment of assigned budget. Business plan is reviewed monthly and updated with new information. A formal review with manager is conducted quarterly.
· Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from networking, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources. These are incorporated into business plan as qualified.
· Travels up to 30% of the time throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to expand revenues and talk with customers and prospects by phone.
· Submit weekly travel itineraries prior to each trip citing general plan for following week including contact info and lodging accommodations.
· Demonstrates product, using sample PowerPoint presentation and catalog, and emphasizes product features and benefits to customers business.
· Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
· Prepares weekly call reports of business development activities and submits expense reports weekly that are within assigned budgets and/or parameter.
· Works as part of the sales team when in office to maintain sales for Neogen Corporation. This team effort will include support of all customers, including those not directly assigned to you. (e.g. in-bound phone calls, trouble shooting problems, etc.)
· Works with Marketing Department to keep management up-to-date on market conditions and competitive situations. Makes suggestions and proposals for ways to improve effectiveness.
· Coordinates and/or conducts customer training on Neogen products.
· Enters new customer data and pertinent data for current customers into CRM database.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key influencers on business in assigned market segment.
· Participates in trade shows to build business and obtain sales leads.
· Continues to build skill level with product knowledge, market segment knowledge, sales skill training and studies.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Business Acumen - Demonstrates knowledge of and analyzes market and competition.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Maintains confidentiality.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Judgement - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to travel 30% of the time.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in food science, animal science, or agricultural business or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of market segment being applied for a benefit.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word and PowerPoint Word Processing software.
Drivers License: Must maintain a valid license to drive at all times.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually slight to moderate.
· Base Salary
· Commission on sales revenue
· Bonus Program
· Fringe Benefits – 401K, Health Insurance/Disability Insurance, Flex Plan.
· Business expenses within budget and/or assigned parameters.
Location: Neogen Corporation Headquarters
------I have read, understood and received a copy of this job description------
Employee Signature Date
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org