- Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Objective: The QA Supervisor is
responsible for supporting the QA Manager in developing, implementing and
enforcing Food Safety Programs . This position
plans and directs activities concerned with the development, application,
and maintenance of quality standards. With the direction of the QA Manager,
the QA Supervisor assists leading the plant in assessing food quality and
safety and other initiatives to improve products and processes related to
quality, food safety and consistency. The QA Supervisor assists the QA manager
in providing quality and food safety leadership to employees. Participates
in/leads projects to improve plant quality and food safety performance.
II. Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food
Science or equivalent field of study or 5 + years of work experience
- Minimum 5 years
experience in Food Manufacturing.
- Experience with USDA, FDA or
CA Dept. of Food & Agriculture guidelines/requirements.
- Experience working with
Kosher, Organic and AIB programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
and mathematical skills.
- Excellent problem solving
- Must be able to multi-task
and have a high degree of organizational skills.
- Must be an excellent ‘team
player’ and possess the ability to motivate and train direct reports.
- Must have excellent computer
skills (Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and operate new
- Must have good judgment and
the ability to make decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal
- Must be reliable and prompt
with all work activities and duties.
- Must have the Ability to
perform work duties under demanding and spur-of-the-moment working
- Excellent record keeping
- Must be able to work with and
manage company confidential information.
- Minimum 1 or 2 years experience in a leadership role.
- Bilingual (English &
Spanish) a plus.
III. Training Method:
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis
Critical Control Points)
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Standard Sanitation Operating
- Microbiological Methodology
- Chemistry Methodology
- First Aid Training
- Safety Training
- Food Audit Training
- QAI Training
- Environmental Awareness
- Regulatory Agency Awareness
- Product Quality – Standards
- Company Line of Products
IV. Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support QA Manager with all
QA activities (fill in when and as required).
- Responsible for enforcing all
company rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing,
training, disciplining and coaching of QA Staff as needed.
- Responsible for conducting
formal and informal (continuous feedback) employee performance
- Manage raw materials
- Manage HACCP Program
including Metal Detection.
- Manage Weight Control
- Manage GMP Program.
- Responsible for verifying
company compliance to third party standards (such as AIB, NSF, QAI,
Non-GMO, etc.), to achieve outstanding results.
- Maintain up-to-date and
organized QA records.
- Enforce Product
- Manage outside lab samples
- Manage and audit effective
Preoperational Inspections to assure proper cleaning and sanitation of
- Manage “Hold and Release
- Manage Pest Control Program.
- Manage Recall Program.
- Manage Quality Assurance/Control
Processes and Procedures (writing and implementing them as needed).
- Perform Plant Audits.
- Conduct and understand
product testing (Physical, Microbiological & Chemical).
- Promote an open and relaxed
atmosphere to promote employee creativity and motivation.
- Manage product-handling
- Audit and enforce production
floor policies and procedures.
- Manage chemicals labeling
- Maintain and promote a firm
safety discipline and enforce company safety policies. Report unsafe
acts and conditions and take disciplinary action as needed.
- Train and inform employees on
the high costs of materials handling to help them understand the
importance of using care at all times.
- Responsible for keeping
personnel motivated, productive and well informed.
- Responsible for maintaining
excellent and professional employee relations.
- Responsible for promoting
team work at all levels and between the departments.
- Assist QA Manager to develop
and update job descriptions.
- Must be familiar with
Maintenance Department procedures and submit Work Orders when needed.
- Assist Production Department
when and where required.
- Other duties as assigned.
V. Working Conditions
1. Continual walking and standing on hard
2. Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
3. Will be exposed to cool and warm temperatures, and loud noise.
4. Climb up and down stairs, stoop, pull, reach, push, and bend body.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
- leadership role: 1 year
- Food Manufacturing: 5 years
- Quality Assurance: 1 year