The comprehensive food
safety information website
Specialist, Quality Control — Job #2016-6503 - ,
· Perform and report analytical and organoleptic evaluations on applicable company products in assigned categories for quality, condition and adherence to product specification.
· Input and track product specifications, certification audits and detailed information on products and suppliers within the company reporting program, assuring accuracy and complete data for supplier information.
· Assist in the development of risk-based QC programs for assigned categories, including vendor portfolio maintenance/monitoring, new vendor and product evaluation and existing product monitoring.
· Consult with suppliers and QC leadership to develop specific quality process improvement plans after determining the root cause, in particular after a withdrawal, recall or other identified quality issue.
· Travel to suppliers as needed to review capabilities and monitor any production issues.
· Support new product development and improvement initiatives.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in food science, biology, chemistry or related field and two (2) years of experience in food safety/quality role in manufacturing or retail; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Certification with SQF disciplines or previous experience.
· Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
· Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
· Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
· Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
· Previous experience with products and production methods relating to assigned product categories.
· by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
· Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
· showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
· by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
· through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
· Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
· Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight.
· Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with vendors, category management and other members on the QC team.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of food safety and quality assurance frameworks, preferably SQF disciplines.
· Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to perform sensory analysis of products.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org