The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety/QA Manager - Tropical Nut & Fruit - Charlotte, NC
Tropical Nut & Fruit
Food Safety/QA Manager
1100 Continental Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28273
The Food Safety Manager plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance program designed to ensure quality production of food products consistent with food safety standards, government regulations, and industry practices including GMP, SQF and HACCP.
Essential Job Duties
· Responsible for handling all third party and FDA audit activities and maintaining compliance with audit results and requirements.
· Formulates and maintains food safety objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
· Decides whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on a review by the quality assurance staff.
· Responsible for food safety and SQF system at the manufacturing and GMP program at the distribution facilities.
· Ensures that implementation of new regulations are quickly and accurately implemented at all facilities and suppliers.
· Creates, evaluates, and audits all food safety programs and policies as needed for full SQF certificates.
· Validates changes to the food safety fundamentals and food safety plans that have an impact on the supplier’s ability to deliver safe food.
· Responsible for sanitation program and employees.
· Manages HACCP assessments and re-assessments, records, and file maintenance.
· Reviews all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
· Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
· Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
· Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
· Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
· Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
· Plays an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
· Designs and implements quality assurance training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
· Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding food safety and quality.
· The VP of Operations will serve as back-up to the Food Safety Manager, when applicable.
· In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
· Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
· Acts as a role model within and outside the company.
· Performs duties as workload necessitates.
Essential Job Duties Cont.
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
· Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
· Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
· Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
· Meets department productivity standards.
· May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
· This job will have periodic access to confidential data including financial statements, company records and/or minutes, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
· Directly supervises supervisory and non-supervisory employees in the Quality Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· This job develops, plans, and implements new procedures and methods to achieve company goals.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Chemistry of similar field of study from four-year college or university; and five to ten years related experience and/or training in microbiology, chemistry, or similar field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· HACCP, SQF, and Food Safety Professional Certifications are strongly preferred, and may be required at certain locations.
· Experience using Micro-testing equipment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
· Work is performed in a comfortable office environment and disruptions occur frequently.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The employee may be required to travel up to 10% of the time.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY VIA EMAIL OR FAX ON OR PRIOR TO THE LAST DATE FOR CONSIDERATION (LISTED ABOVE). RESUMES CAN BE SENT TO:
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org