Food Safety Manager – Programs - Glendale, CA
Apply NowJob ID 15004569Date posted 08/22/2015
· Lead program of food safety review and support projects for existing factories and factories new to Nestlé
· Lead market efforts in the development and roll-out of foreign material prevention programs, including participation in the global foreign body prevention network.
· Support vendor management activities in food safety, including the development and implementation of verification initiatives such as FSAVE, improvement activities in food safety
· Support the development and implementation of verification programs, including microbiological, environmental, and pathogen monitoring programs in Nestlé factories, co-manufacturers, and suppliers as appropriate.
· Support factories in food safety plan (including HACCP and pre-requisite program) development and implementation.
· Support factories and Technical Groups in the validation of control measures.
· Provide food safety and microbiology support for innovation / renovation projects.
· Support factories in the evaluation and resolution of food safety and hygiene issues.
· Conduct training and competency development for Nestle and external partners.
· Participate in internal and external food safety networks and market early warning activities.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
· Maintain effective, timely communications regarding food safety concerns.
· Travel required
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
· Bachelors of Science degree in Microbiology, Food Science / Food Technology or related fields.
· Masters of Science preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years in food manufacturing microbiology, including operational and laboratory experience. Alternately more than 5 years as factory hygienist.
· Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food microbiology, food safety / HACCP, GMP’s, Sanitary design/controls, and basic food technology.
· Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal direct supervision and the ability to adhere to aggressive deadlines.
· Position relies heavily on the Nestlé leadership framework principles of initiative, courage, service orientation, proactive cooperation and leading people.
· Must have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
· Must be self-driven, motivated and result-oriented with ability to perform well independently and remotely.
· Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
· PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (preferred)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org